Version 1 Dublin
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
“Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.”
We have an exciting new role for an experienced Business Analyst to work as part of Version 1’s Business Applications Solutions Practice.
You will help define and deliver a series of diverse key projects with the team. The roles present a dynamic and challenging opportunity to an experienced Business Analyst who wants to develop a closer alignment to our customer’s core business.
- Arrange and conduct meetings, workshops, and presentations for a variety of audiences, demonstrating consistently high-quality communication, elicitation, and persuasive skills.
- Analyze alternative solutions and make recommendations.
- Document and map complex business processes and solutions using standard procedures, methods and tools
- Identify areas for improvement, specify requirements and implement recommendations for increasing effectiveness of current business processes.
- Perform root cause analysis of problems and work closely with business users in order to identify and translate their needs into solution designs and systems specifications.
- Produce detailed Business Requirement Specification Documents and liaise with all stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood and signed off prior to development commencement.
- Work closely with developers during the technical design and implementation phases to ensure common understanding, agreement, and effective implementation of projects.
- Communicate in a clear and concise fashion to IT and business staff (including senior managers) at all stages of the project lifecycle to gain commitment and minimize the level of resistance to change.
- Support UAT during all phases of testing to ensure requirements as detailed in the Business Requirement Specification document have been delivered and are ready for release.
- Work with IT & Business when new functionality is released to production to ensure a smooth transition to the new process.
- Where necessary devise detailed cut-over plans to address potential operational impacts at cutover.
- Strong Business Analysis experience (ideally 5+ years in Financial Services).
- Proven track record in producing high quality Business Requirements Documents, Business Processes Mapping and documentation skills.
- Experience of reviewing Functional Specification Documents produced by peers (Peer Review) to ensure they align with Business Requirements Specification document.
- Has worked on both large scale and smaller projects and been responsible for defining and designing business solutions.
- Previous experience with UML and Use Case Scenarios an advantage.
- An understanding of technology and IT systems.
- Good project management skill with ability to plan and schedule own work and work towards tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills — be able to explain complicated processes and concepts to non-experts.
- MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio & Outlook).
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...
News: November 10, 2021
We have marked a new milestone in our Version 1 history with the introduction of our 2000 team member! We have welcomed Fergal O’Shea, Senior Java Developer, who is based in our Belfast office. Version...
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...