Version 1 Edinburgh
Bid Operations Coordinator
Department: Sales & Customer Success
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
We are looking to hire a Bid Operations Manager to work with our Commercial Team to support and develop our already strong footing in the UK and Irish markets. The fast-paced role will be part of a successful, growing team focused on opportunities in current and potential customers.
The successful candidate will support the team with the production and delivery of multiple concurrent bid responses to ensure the best quality bids are prepared, submitted, and managed whilst focused on continuous improvement. You will work across bid managers, account managers, project managers, sales executives, and delivery to ensure the effective operation and growth of the team.
The successful candidate may be based anywhere across the UK and Ireland.
- Effective ownership and support of key admin tasks such as inbox management, due diligence, documentation, and templates.
- Work closely with Commercial Operations and Delivery Teams on enablement, costing and pricing, and scaling of the function.
- Supporting the training and induction of new team members.
- Ensuring that content is correctly documented in the appropriate folder structure in our shared drive. Break down submitted bids for a library of pre-written proposal content, where required.
- Process reviews and improvement – continually reviewing all processes, tools, and systems to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Identify lessons learned as inputs to the continuous improvement of the bidding process.
- Preparation of all monthly and quarterly reports for the team and for use by the Sales Directors and Commercial Operations
- Manage bid analysis for the business, working closely with our leader to identify trends and to agree actions to improve work winning performance over time.
- Running and maintaining the governance process for all opportunities within the Commercial Team.
You will have:
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a focus on consistent quality. You’ll be capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management, while recognising and flagging issues outside area of own expertise.
- Experience of working in a marketing, communications or business development environment.
- Ideally, understanding or experience in working in IT Services and technology solutions environment (rather than product)
- Influencing skills: the ability to get people at multiple levels to deliver what you need on time and with high quality, even though they won’t report to you will be critical to the success of the role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)., with the ability to engage at all levels across an organisation internally and externally
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...