Version 1 Cork
Senior Frontend Developer with React/React Native
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are more than just another IT services company - we are 2000+ leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies. We are celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
We are a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our Core Values.
We are looking for a talented App / Front End Developer (React/React Native) to join our Development team who is highly motivated in combining the art of design with the art of programming. In joining our team of consultants, you will play a key part in the continual research, design, and development of our client's core products. We are looking for someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive technology transformation. The successful candidate should be hands-on, able to contribute individually, and should have experience within a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Experience working closely with key stakeholders across the engineering team, including Architects, Product Owners, and UX designers understanding and demonstrating how written requirements translate into a technical solution
- Develop interfaces for web and mobile applications Develop high quality, efficient, reusable code and libraries for future use
- Follow the agile development methodologies and practices
- Exchange information and ideas with the team, evolve and model the new user-facing features
- Constantly improve the products, through feedback and input on the product pipeline and roadmap
- 5+ Years Front End Development experience
- Experience delivering cross-platform React Native apps
- Experience launching apps to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Experience of the full app development lifecycle
- Ability to use and adapt existing web applications for apps
- Experience building user interfaces with React
- Experience with CSS pre-processing tools such as Sass
- Experience unit testing (with Jest is a bonus)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with git source code control, code review tools, etc
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills both written and verbal
- Redux experience an advantage
- Microsoft Azure experience an advantage
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...
News: November 10, 2021
We have marked a new milestone in our Version 1 history with the introduction of our 2000 team member! We have welcomed Fergal O’Shea, Senior Java Developer, who is based in our Belfast office. Version...
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...