Version 1 Bengaluru
QA Automation Engineer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
As a QA Automation Engineer, you will join as part of a project team, working in conjunction with our operation and project teams you will test new cloud features, influence test architectural decisions for our Test Framework, innovate and propose improvements while also mentoring more junior test engineers.
All of our Test engineers work closely and collaborate with other testers, developers, Business and technical consultants and other cross functional team members, adhering to our standards and processes. Our implementation projects generally follow the principles of Agile methodologies, working primarily as part of the implementation scrum team.
We are looking for an experienced Test Automation Engineer to join our team to ensure the quality of our product and a faster release process. As part of this position, we will be looking for excellent communication and estimation skills.
The role provides you the opportunity to further develop your Test Automation Engineering skills, working as a part of a SCRUM team committed to delivering robust, user-friendly, high quality software for our internal and customers around the globe. This is an ideal opportunity to work in a dynamic team, learn and develop skills and increase your knowledge in areas including the Software Development Lifecycle, Test Automation Engineering and Quality Assurance, where you can grow your areas of expertise and take on responsibility during your career progression.
As the successful candidate you will be given significant training on latest software industry practices. You will get exposure to and experience of working with cloud technologies. As part of an expanding company and Agile development organisation there will be significant opportunities to further your career.
- Test Automation based on industry best practice and experience. Develop reusable test components and suites.
- Develop Java/JSP based test components within our Test Client and develop/maintain Selenium tests using Java for these components
- Work with and contribute to our Selenium Framework developed in Java.
- Create and maintain Test Cases from Requirements documentation & Specifications that clearly define and verify the acceptability of software
- Experience to identify areas within a feature that might prove problematic to test and identify areas in existing or new features that require more coverage.
- Drafting test scripts and test cases based on approved requirements that clearly verify the usability and acceptability of software
- Executing test scripts, test cases for testing enterprise software according to industry best practice.
- Drafting and executing regression scripts. Test & Defect Reporting following industry best practice
- Proving test coverage for service pack releases, including regression and defect verification
- Production of quality documentation to support the quality assurance and test processes.
- Troubleshoot and analyse issues and suggest viable workarounds, where possible
- Liaising with the Development & Project teams to ensure adherence to quality during the development process
- Assist with planning and managing the team workload, including providing work estimates, and delivering to these estimates
- Mentoring of less experienced staff where appropriate e.g. development & test best practices, peer review of test definitions and test code.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, relied upon for critical tasks and accept leadership roles when called upon to do so.
- Provide detailed planning and tracking information to Scrum Masters, Development leads and Project management
- Minimum of 5+ years post qualification experience in a development/test automation role with exposure to the full SDLC, preferably on enterprise scale systems
- Experience working with Soap UI, Py unit, Negative testing, Even burn down
- Experience working with Continuous Integration, and build automation tools such as Jenkins, Gradle
- Experience working with and deploying software tools
- Experience working with Databases and SQL
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Committed to creating readable, reliable, reusable, and maintainable test code and come up to speed quickly on new technologies
- A relevant third level qualification or equivalent commercial experience
- Fluency in verbal and written English essential
- Proven excellent technical problem-solving capabilities
- Experience working within an Agile environment highly desirable.
- Automated testing languages in use for Cloud work such as Soap UI, Py unit, Negative testing, Even burn down
- Development Tools: Eclipse, Junit, Jenkins, Apache Ant, Gradle
- Exposure to testing SOAP/REST endpoints with SoapUI, Postman
- Exposure to deploying applications
- Exposure to code analysis such as Sonar, PMD/Findbugs would be an advantage
- IT background in the insurance sector would be an advantage
- Multi-platform skills (Linux/Unix/Windows) would be an advantage
- Experience/exposure to AWS or other Cloud technologies
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...
News: November 10, 2021
We have marked a new milestone in our Version 1 history with the introduction of our 2000 team member! We have welcomed Fergal O’Shea, Senior Java Developer, who is based in our Belfast office. Version...
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...