Version 1 Bengaluru
Senior DevOps Engineer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
In this brand-new role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a newly formed Cloud and Digital Centre of Excellence focused on designing and implementing solutions which incorporate best of breed technologies, frameworks, and best practices. This provides a unique opportunity for people who are passionate about technology and have a deep commitment to code quality and best practices to build something special and make a real difference to our business and to our customer’s business. You will get to work with some of the brightest people in our organisation who are industry thought leaders and build cutting-edge solutions. It is a position with excellent career prospects, suitable to someone looking to make the next step up in their career and that is seeking to work with new technologies and drive our ambitious development team members to new heights. This is a techie’s dream role!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Designing and implementing cloud native solutions on AWS and Azure
- Implementing Infrastructure as Code to automate the environment creation process
- Implementing DevOps pipelines on platforms such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps and AWS Codepipelines
- Designing solutions that integrate with cloud PAAS services
- Producing designs that are scalable, resilient, efficient, secure and cost-effective.
- Contributing to technical decisions and direction in a collaborative team environment, including architecture, estimation, product planning, user story/requirement creation.
- Applying industry best practices and patterns across infrastructure and application components e.g. security, elasticity, performance.
- Support and advocate Centre of Excellence to wider org
- Introducing/suggesting new processes and techniques.
- Hands on in-depth experience of IaC solutions such as Terraform
- Hands on in-depth experience of developing DevOps pipelines
- Eperience of designing and implementing cloud native solutions on either AWS or Terraform
- Strong understanding of networking & infrastructure principles
- Strong understanding of security best practices
- Knowledge of Powershell, Bash etc.
- Ability and desire to quickly pick up new technologies, languages and tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about code quality and best practices an absolute must
- Must show evidence of your passion for technology and continuous learning
- Good team player
- Experience in technologies such as
- IAM solutions
If you are up to the challenge, tick most of the boxes above and looking to own technical oversight of a highly motivated and driven team, then get in touch - we’d love to speak with you!
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: December 9, 2021
At Version 1, we focus on making our workplace a more diverse and inclusive environment for all every day. Since launching our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Programme, one of Version 1’s key focuses...
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...