Version 1 Edinburgh
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
With increasingly vast seas of digital information, smart organisations can today do things that were up to now impossible; spot unseen business trends, prevent diseases, make our roads safer and so on. At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to our continued expansion, we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Microsoft Azure Cloud Consultant. A contract or permanent position, you will join a team delivering transformative Microsoft Cloud services for key Version 1 customers.
- Support multiple clients across multiple technologies
- Mentoring of junior team members.
- Consult with customers and across a cross-team environment.
- Documentation and development of designs, processes and procedures.
- Work within a structured ITIL / ISO20000 IT Service Management environment.
- Works directly with client to gather requirements, design solutions, build proof of concepts and implement solutions
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills arising from customer facing and on-site experience
- Very strong verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required
- Project management skills with experience in stakeholder and communications management
- Escalation point for major incidents/investigations
- Service Owner for a number fo services e.g. Exchange, Office365
- 5+ years working in IT
- Strong, first-hand experience of designing, building and supporting Enterprise solutions.
- Experience in the full product lifecycle including: Concept generation, Design, Build and Support essential.
- Interpreting, understanding and solving complex technical problems/incidents
- Strategic thinker capable of looking at the ‘big picture’
- Ability to influence internal teams and customers
- Consultancy/project delivery experience with client facing background
- Strong experience is both multi-server, stand alone and clustered solutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of Azure/AWS
- Excellent troubleshooting skills required.
- Specialist in 3 technical areas e.g. MCSE Exchange, SCCM, office365, WAF, citrix , Storage, Azure
- Strong techical experience across Private cloud (VMWare/HyperV), Office365 and Citrix
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory and Exchange Server
- Good broad technical knowledge across Public Cloud (AWS, Azure etc)
- Understanding of Cloud & infrastructure integration
- Strong experience in Cloud deployments (Public & Private)
- Desktop infrastructure experience
- Disaster recovery and site replication solutions experience
- Experience on SAN/Storage solutions
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: December 9, 2021
At Version 1, we focus on making our workplace a more diverse and inclusive environment for all every day. Since launching our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Programme, one of Version 1’s key focuses...
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...