Version 1 Newcastle upon Tyne
Business Development Manager - Oracle SaaS
Department: Sales & Customer Success
Version 1 is ranked as the 3rd Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK & we have been ranked in the Top 10 Best places to work in Ireland for the 10th year running!
We are the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
We are a market leader in Oracle ERP and HCM Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud.
You will join a 2000 strong, €140m/£127m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and HCM applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to help grow our raply expanding ERP Practice. We are currently, ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to have won 7 Gold awards out of 7 nominations at this last year's virtually held OUG Partner awards.
The role will identify and work with new customers to understand their business challenges and demonstrate what solutions Version 1 can offer to resolve those issues. From custom development, through to IT managed services (application, database, infrastructure), collaborative and digital solutions through to advanced data analytics, their breadth of services and experience is significant. This enables the sales teams to offer a range of solutions to Public Sector customers right across the business.
The successful candidate will join a thriving team and will, as a key team member, be driving the next phase of growth within a defined vertical. You will work closely with the existing Public Sector team on a co-ordinated approach to maximise success for Version 1 and drive market share across UK Government.
Principle accountability and responsibility will be to drive new business sales across Version 1’s IT portfolio through:
- Identification of new opportunities to gain increased market share within a defined territory through market knowledge, relationships, frameworks and the Version 1 network.
- Work with Version 1 technology partner and specialists (including Oracle, AWS, and Microsoft) to drive opportunity and revenue generation.
- Development of existing Version 1 regional government customer base.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations and solution proposals and the active management of the full sales cycle.
- Tender preparation and response, including bid management, commercial modelling, and bid strategies engineered for success.
- Contract negotiation covering consulting services, fixed price application development, managed services contracts and license/hardware sales.
- Achieving or exceeding personal sales targets.
- Significant experience in new business sales ideally in Oracle ERP, Oracle Clou, SaaS
- Experience of successfully selling IT services/solutions (not exclusively software).
- Knowledge of UK Public Sector frameworks.
- Experience of successfully running large Government bids and formal competitive procurements.
- Experience of business development/sales processes, including the use of pilots, pre-sales, demonstrations, etc.
- A demonstrable understanding of the application development life cycle from envisioning to solution implementation to managed services.
- Strong strategic account planning, reporting and co-ordinating skills, knowing how and when to draw on pre-sales support and other assistance from within the team.
- A clear and demonstrable track record of sales with achievement of at least 3 out of the last 4 years on/exceeding target.
- Desirably educated to BA/BEng/BSc Hons degree level with a strong academic record or equivalent.
- Native-level fluency in spoken and written English
The role is for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual with a proven track record of success in the Oracle Cloud SaaS Sector. The role has a strong entrepreneurial flavour and will suit someone who has the drive to carve out their own niche while having the support of a successful sales and marketing engine, and wider business behind them – a self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative with minimal direction.
You will be an excellent communicator who knows how to engage and negotiate with senior level stakeholders. You will have an excellent track record of selling IT solutions or managed services in to the Oracle Cloud space.
- Customer focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work and collaborate productively across sales, marketing, sales support and customer delivery teams, even when under pressure.
- Ambitious, confident, enthusiastic individual with a “can-do” attitude.
- Desirably a good understanding and experience selling IT solutions to Local Government, Health, Police and/or Higher Education, is highly desirable for this role.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more.
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in the UK.
This is a full-time permanent role with travel (when possible). Expenses will be covered. Remote working currently
Permanent applications ideally. Must have work permit due to timeframes.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Manager UK & Ireland
Tel: 00353 87 220 0625
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: June 24, 2022
Version 1 is thrilled to be listed as the #1 Best Mid-Size Workplace™ in India at this year’s Great Place to Work® India awards. This is an exciting and prestigious achievement as Version 1...
Events: 7 July 2022
We are excited to announce that Version 1 will be attending the Young Professionals Conference on Thursday 7th July 2022. This is one of the biggest student careers conferences to take place in London...