Version 1 Belfast
Cloud Solution Architect
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is ranked as 3rd Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK & we have just ranked as the 2nd Best place to work in Ireland!
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
It is a position with excellent career prospects, suitable to someone looking to make the next step up in their career and that is seeking to work with new technologies and drive our ambitious development team members to new heights.
Version 1 is looking for a flexible, motivated Solution Architect with agile experience working within a client facing role.
The Solution Architect will be working with architects, technologists, and development teams with the responsibility to ensure that our products and solutions integrate with our clients.
- Deep understanding of using data and analytics services to solve enterprise data challenges.
- Extensive architecture and design experience with complex applications across various data sources and platforms.
- Highly proficient in distributed computing principals and familiar with key architectures, and has extensive experience designing solutions leverage a diverse assortment of data sources.
- Deep understanding of common database technologies, such as Standard SQL-based DBs, Cloud Databases, Data Warehousing Technologies and other data sources, such as Data Lakes and NoSQL databases.
- Solid understanding of data governance and creating data dictionaries.
- Understanding of how to accelerate a customer’s digital transformation using Data & Analytics, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Big Data.
- Strong understanding of scripting languages, including SQL, R, Python and Scala
- 7+ years of experience building data & analytics solutions
- 7+ years of experience with one or more scripting languages, such as R, Python, Scala, or SQL
- •5-8 years of experience building data pipelines to operationalize end-to-end solutions
- 5+ years of working on complex reporting requirements, large, complex data sets, and various reporting tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik
- 5+ years of experience delivering proven database modernization solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in ingesting and performing advance analytics on data from multiple sources, including batch analytics, interactive analytics, real-time/streaming analytics
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: April 27, 2022
At Version 1, we are extremely proud to be named the 6th Best Workplace in the United Kingdom, following last night’s Great Place to Work™ UK Awards in London. Having previously placed as the 20th...
Blog: April 20, 2022
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I finished high school with a diploma in product design and did not pursue...