Version 1 Flexible
Head of Workplace Operations
Department: Operations (HR, Finance, Marketing)
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Version 1 has doubled in size in the last three years, and we plan to do the same in the next three. This has involved expanding into new locations across the UK and Europe and this expansion will continue at pace. During this time, what the workplace looks like has changed significantly – people want collaborative creative spaces to work together, alongside periods of working from home or remotely doing their day-to-day work for our customers across the world. Our office and location strategy has had to evolve and will continue to evolve as the post-pandemic world of work emerges.
We are recruiting a Head of Real Estate & Workplace Operations to join us to lead that strategic plan as we continue to grow. With 12 offices across the Island of Ireland, United Kingdom, Spain and India we need someone to lead and support our expanding teams as they use our offices to deliver our exceptional services to our customers across all our geographical locations.
This person will set our Real Estate and Workplace strategy for the next few years, in collaboration with the senior management team. Through understanding the type of work we deliver for our customers, you’ll help define what our offices need to look like and how we create the best environment for our people, when they are in the office. You’ll also oversee our facilities and operations team to support BAU functions within each office and ensuring our people are supported to work in a healthy, safe and sustainable environment.
Some core responsibilities will include:
- Strategic review and management of current offices in line with Version 1 growth plans and changing needs of our hybrid working model
- Driving & delivering best practice within your field, while demonstrating a collaborative and innovative approach, aligned with the employee experience, employer brand & ESG agenda
- Driving and implementing improvements where needed and taking the lead on associated projects
- Overall responsibility for all Version 1 offices, working effectively with key stakeholders and leaders across the company and executing key facilities and real estate actions for Version 1
- Managing contractor relationships across all locations in respect of Building lease negotiations and review
Managing a team to ensure key facilities and office operations activities are co-ordinated across all offices, including:
- Ensuring that our offices, associated protocols and workplace practices meet the requirements of our ISO standards and leading appropriate audit activities to prove same.
- Ensuring all offices meet the required Building and Fire Safety requirements
- Ensuring Health & Safety requirements are facilitated according to each office location
- Managing contracting relationships with external cleaning, security agencies and all other office related relationships
- Decommissioning offices as required
- Managing Office integration
The ideal candidate would have experience in the following areas:
- Experience in stakeholder management and managing expectations
- Strong communications skills and the ability to build relationships internally across all levels and externally
- Managing and negotiating lease terms on entry and exit from locations
- Managing multiple offices across geographical locations
- Experience managing a remote team
- Project Management experience, working to tight deadlines
- Experience managing CAPEX and OPEX budgets
- Demonstratable experience in problem solving with the ability to resolve issues quickly
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...
Take a moment to picture me, Chloe back in the mid-2010s. I am a white, able-bodied, fresh-faced 23 year old female who despite being from Northern Ireland, looks exactly like every other white young female...