Version 1 Dublin
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
We are looking for a Java Developer to join a team of engineers that create solutions and deliver both mobile and web applications to our clients. The ideal candidate is someone who has a track record of high-quality delivery, combined with a keen appetite for all aspects of software development. These roles are working with greenfield projects where you will have the opportunities to recommend and champion the use of new technologies whether for direct use in products or in supporting the development lifecycle. You should be hands on, able to contribute individually and should have experience with-in a fast pace dynamic environment.
- Implement solutions as per technical design and participate in design activities as required
- Planning and estimation of development tasks as part of the SCRUM team and strive for accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Participate in the full development lifecycle of new functionality and enhancements on greenfield and existing applications
- Commitment to producing high quality, highly performant and robust software within agreed time estimates and to agreed quality standards
- Participate in changes, and continuous improvements to existing software development, testing and deployment processes
- Ability to work hands on in a fast-paced, agile work environment supporting your colleagues as required
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with multiple business and technical teams
- 5 years’ experience in software development ideally at least 3+ years of which was working with Java as the principal technology used.
- Strong knowledge of Java, JavaEE, Spring framework, JUnit, Kafka, TDD, and SQL
- Strong OOD and knowledge of design patterns including event driven architectures and integration patterns
- Good working knowledge of CI/CD, GitOps, methodologies and tools
- Experience upgrading Java Spring applications/services from older Java versions (6+) to newer Java versions (11+)
- Ability to take legacy Java Spring services and rewrite/refactor onto the latest Java Spring stack
- Experience working with Oracle WebLogic (advantage), implementing CI/CD pipelines and working in a cross-functional Scrum team in an agile environment
- Hands-on experience with Azure/AWS technologies is an advantage
- Knowledge of ETL and CDC are desirable
- A willingness and enthusiasm to improve and develop new skills and learn new technologies
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills both written and verbal
- Constant improvement of products, through feedback and input on the product pipeline and roadmap
- Related degree qualification (comp sci, engineering, etc)
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Tel: +353 1 901 9038
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...
Take a moment to picture me, Chloe back in the mid-2010s. I am a white, able-bodied, fresh-faced 23 year old female who despite being from Northern Ireland, looks exactly like every other white young female...