Version 1 Remote, United Kingdom
Senior Azure DevOps Engineer
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
- No 1 Best place to work in Ireland #GPTW2023 !!
- 6th Best Large Workplace in the UK
- Top 10 in Glassdoor Top 50 UK companies
- UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle, Microsoft & AWS partner
- Market leader in Oracle ERP and Cloud Applications
- Consulting, implementation and support services
- 3000 strong,€255m/ £220m revenue business
The Senior Azure DevOps Engineer will build and maintain tools and infrastructure to help develop, support, secure and maintain automated processes that ingest, enrich and transform our customers large-scale geospatial data. They will be expected to have a depth of knowledge to deliver and integrate software to form a complete service.
Engineers will have experience in the following:
- Working in the Azure cloud.
- Creating automated, reliable and repeatable deployment pipelines.
- Creating cloud solutions that are secure from the start.
- Working with infrastructure-as-code.
- Knowledge of CI/CD principles.
- Software engineering – one or more language (such as C#).
- Track record in developing and delivering production ready components.
- Good knowledge of testing approaches and best practice.
- Advocating software engineering industry best practice.
- Interpreting detailed specifications and translating into simple solutions
- Azure services, including (but not limited to):
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Functions
- Azure Storage
- Azure Monitor
- Azure DevOps
- Quarterly performance related profit share (Paid the last 53 quarters)
- Certified Great Place to Work for 10 years in a row (Number 1 in Ireland)
- Career Progression (709 CPD Promotions in last 2022)
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Employee Discount Scheme - available online and in a wide range of stores
- Flexible and Remote working Options
- Lunchtime activities including but not limited to fitness, yoga, financial advice and wellbeing.
- Private Healthcare Cover
- Life Assurance
- Offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
- Wide range of reward schemes including:
- Version 1 Excellence Awards (annual)
- ‘Call-Out’: platform where colleagues grant you points that can be exchanged for gifts.
- Fostering several Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging schemes
- And many more exciting benefits… drop us a note to find out more.
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- Great Place to Work®
- Great Place to Work® Workplace UK (2019-2022)
- Great Place to Work® #1 Mid-size India (2022)
- Great Place to Work® Europe (2022)
- Best Workplaces for Women award, Ireland & UK (2022)
News & Insights
Blog: May 25, 2023
Tech, Tools and Talent – Developers Survey 2023
What is the Developers Survey? Modernising, innovating, and accelerating business transformation using technology is at the heart of what Version 1 does. Our software development teams are central to...
News: February 23, 2023
Version 1 is Ireland’s #1 Best Large Workplace™
Everyone here at Version 1 is delighted to share the news that we have been named Ireland’s #1 Best Large Workplace™ for 2023. Before jumping into our thoughts on receiving this phenomenal recognition,...