Version 1 London
Business Development Manager for Capital Markets
Department: Sales & Customer Success
Version 1 have recently hired our 3000th employee across multiple regions, doubling in size since 2020. We plan to triple in size in the next 5 years. We are 12 years in the Best Workplace in Ireland (GPTW 1st place), 3 in the UK (GPTW 5th place) and 1 in India (GPTW 1st place) and will be certified for the first time this year in Spain. This role will be part of the people team that will enable us to scale from 2500 to 3000 to 4000 people over the next few years. Version 1 is a Core Values oriented, fast-paced, high-growth environment, with quarterly objectives to achieve and is continuously evolving and changing as it grows and acquires. This role will suit someone who thrives in that environment and the opportunities, and demands, that it brings.
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver. We are an award-winning company that provides world-class customer service. We think big and we hire great people.
We believe in continuously improving to make a real difference to the careers and work environment of our people. Being a Great Place to Work involves listening to our people and ensuring they are Trusted and Empowered. We are a straight-talking, open and transparent workplace. We have open-door management and balanced policies. Constructive feedback is encouraged and welcomed at all levels.
If this sounds like a place you could see yourself contributing to and you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
Due to our expansion plans, we are looking to hire a Business Development Manager to work in our Capital Markets Sales team to support and develop our strong footing in the market. This is a really exciting role for a senior sales professional who wants to develop their career selling and delivering technology solutions into the global Capital Markets.
The role will be part of a successful, growing team focused on enterprise opportunities. The team is made up of a number of sales people, who generate new opportunities and/or lead on responses to large technology programmes .
The successful candidate will have a number of elements to their role:
- Identify, research and target prospective customers leveraging modern sales engagement techniques.
- Lead large sales opportunities developed both directly through our Commercial team or through our strategic technology (Microsoft, AWS, Oracle, Red Hat) or sales partnerships.
- Lead on smaller sales opportunities/bids independently or with involvement from other members of the commercial team.
- Lead the execution of contracts awarded to Version 1- client engagement, commercials, contracting, delivery practice engagement, project mobilisation.
- The role may include account management of acquired customer accounts and partner engagements with Microsoft and AWS
The candidate will work with customers to understand requirements, leveraging Version 1 advisory services and delivery consultants where necessary to ensure accurate information is gathered. The role holder will need to work across multiple stakeholders to develop a strong commercial response, and on success work with delivery to ensure appropriate resources are assembled to meet the customer need.
- Acuiqisition of new customers within the agreed Ideal Customer Profile, through network and prospecting.
- Leading both small and large sales opportunities, including leading on and supporting bids, preparation and management of all bid and sales materials.
- Lead the pre-qualification process to ensure all customer sales opportunities and bids are fully qualified and identified as winnable
- Liaise with Delivery teams to identify and secure resources for sales opportuntiies and bid preparation.
- Respond to detailed Customer Requirements documents
- Preparation and delivery of Prospect and Client presentations of Version 1 propositions to customers
- Preparation and delivery of presentations for use at various Version 1 customer events.
- Liaise with Partner Account Managers and Commercial Operations to ensure successful delivery of presentations, tender responses, and contracts to Prospects and Clients
- Maintenance of a level of client relationship appropriate to the sale, supporting the main sales relationship
- Contribution to bid/response strategies to maximise our chance of winning
You will have:
- 5+ years experience working in a business development environment into the Capital Markets
- Ideally, experience working in IT Services and technology solutions environment (rather than product)
- Influencing skills: the ability to get people at multiple levels to deliver what you need on time and with high quality, even though they wont report to you will be critical to the success of the role.
- Strong written skills in order to complete responses and internal documentation to a high standard – you must have excellent Word, Powerpoint and Excel skills. You’ll be highly attentive to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage at all levels across an organization internally and externally
- Experience of acquiring new customer accounts and developing strong customer relationships.
- Good commercial awareness and sound understanding of project and business dynamics.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines. You’ll be capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management, while recognising and flagging issues outside area of own expertise.
… and you’ll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we’d love to speak with you.
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing IT Consultancies in Ireland & the UK.
Permanent applicants only. This is a HYBRID role requiring you to develop an appropriate mix of onsite customer meetings, office meetings and working from home.
Suzanne Whelan, Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at: Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging | Version 1 Careers
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and do not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- Great Place to Work®
- Great Place to Work® Workplace UK (2019-2022)
- Great Place to Work® #1 Mid-size India (2022)
- Great Place to Work® Europe (2022)
- Best Workplaces for Women award, Ireland & UK (2022)
News & Insights
Blog: May 25, 2023
Tech, Tools and Talent – Developers Survey 2023
What is the Developers Survey? Modernising, innovating, and accelerating business transformation using technology is at the heart of what Version 1 does. Our software development teams are central to...
News: February 23, 2023
Version 1 is Ireland’s #1 Best Large Workplace™
Everyone here at Version 1 is delighted to share the news that we have been named Ireland’s #1 Best Large Workplace™ for 2023. Before jumping into our thoughts on receiving this phenomenal recognition,...