NICS 2019 ICT Conference: Dig IT
Belfast Metropolitan College, e3 Springvale Campus, Belfast | 18 October 2019
Join us at the 2019 NICS ICT Conference Dig IT on Friday 18th October
The NICS ICT conference is the main Public Sector conference in Northern Ireland aimed at senior management from the IT Profession in the Civil Service and the wider public sector. The NICS ICT conference gathers leaders from across the Northern Ireland Public Sector to share best practice, promote innovation and discuss, collaboratively, how we can deliver better public services for citizens of Northern Ireland.
This year’s event will showcase Northern Ireland technology and digital transformation successes, highlighting best practice projects and celebrating local ICT talent across the public and private sector. Version 1 is delighted to be speaking on the topic of Application Modernisation and sharing strategies for unlocking innovation and rapidly delivering new business value in the digital domain while retaining much of the value of previous technology investments.
See the full agenda for the event below.
Draft Agenda: 8th October 2019
- 09:00 – 09:30: Registration
- 09:30 – 09:45: Welcome
- 09:45 – 10:15: To dare is to do
- 10:15 – 10:30: Government as an innovator
- 10:30 – 10:45: The future of Digital Transformation = the sum of all parts
- 10:45 – 11:30: Networking and Refreshments
- 11:30 – 12:00: You already have the answer – lessons from a start-up
- 12:00 – 12:45: Spotlight on NICS
- 12:45 – 14:00: Lunch
- 14:00 – 14:30: 5G
- 14:30 – 14:50: Effective research in cyber attacks
- 14:50 – 15:10: Taking a geographic approach to machine learning to help you “See What Others Can’t”
- 15:10 – 15:25: Networking and Refreshments
- 15:25 – 15:45: Application Modernisation: Key strategies for driving innovation
- 15:45 – 16:05: How AI, IoT and mobile technologies are improving NI citizen experiences
- 16:05 – 16:30: Resilient Belfast
- 16:30: Close and charity raffle
Blog: August 26, 2020
Opening an account, submitting a claim, applying for a loan or insurance… every customer interaction represents an opportunity not only to provide a brilliant experience but also to start building a...
News: July 6, 2020
On Sunday the 5th of July, the Business Post published a comprehensive dive into Government Digitalisation written by Ian Campbell. Kicking off with a statement that online citizen engagement within Ireland...
News: May 26, 2020
The Legal Ombudsman (LeO) for England and Wales is the independent and impartial body responsible for handling legal complaints received from the general public. LeO is a high-profile public body dealing...