FinOps – Cloud Cost Optimisation
Delivering Cloud Consumption Optimisation to Reduce Costs & Avoid Unnecessary Spend
What is FinOps?
FinOps (Cloud Financial Management) is a growing professional discipline within large enterprises that aims to control ongoing cloud spend by working with financial, IT, and DevOps stakeholders across the business. FinOps as a practice seeks to do the following:
- Manage ongoing cloud costs by avoiding unnecessary spend through over specified resources.
- Prevent last-minute overspend through accurate forecasting and reservation of cloud requirements at an optimal price.
- Optimise ongoing costs and take advantage of cost reduction opportunities through detailed insights and data.
- Accurately allocate cloud costs across the business.
Version 1 - Cloud Consumption Optimisation Expertise
The more complex the organisation and cloud usage, the greater the need for FinOps. However, many organisations are still struggling with where to start.
The Version 1 has a dedicated team specialise in the ongoing optimisation of enterprise licensing and cloud consumption and can help you with the following:
- Advise and guide with creating your own internal FinOps discipline to fit into your business’s overall processes and procedures.
- Validate/verify your current FinOps practice and make appropriate recommendations.
- Outsource some or all your FinOps discipline to Version 1 whilst adhering to any specific in-house processes.
Benefits of Cloud Financial Management
Cloud Cost Optimisation
Cloud Cost Reduction
Avoid Unnecessary Spend
Accurate Cost Allocation
Accurate Spend Forecasting
Data & Insights
The Importance of FinOps for Cloud Cost Optimisation
News & Insights
Downloadable Content, News, Whitepaper: August 21, 2023
Read time: 3 mins There is a huge demand for IT skills globally. This was the case before the pandemic and is it likely to remain for years to come as businesses migrate away from legacy IT environments...
Datasheets, Digital Guides, Downloadable Content, Whitepaper: August 21, 2023
A Comparison of Cost, Expertise & Efficiency of a Partner v Hiring In-house As organisations brace themselves for uncertain economic conditions, whilst at the same time trying to find, train and...
Blog: October 7, 2021
Gartner published a press release in November 2020 that stated, “The COVID-19 pandemic forced organizations to quickly focus on three priorities: preserve cash and optimize IT costs, support and secure...