Version 1 London
Business Development Manager - Public Sector
Department: Sales & Customer Success
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
In the last two years, Version 1 has grown its Public Sector footprint in the UK significantly with a number of major new customers coming onboard across Central & Local Government, Health, Bluelight, and Higher Education. To support and accelerate this growth, Version 1 are now seeking to hire an experienced Business Development Manager to work in their Public Sector team, focusing on expanding their footprint across Regional Government, to leverage existing relationships and references to open up new business opportunities.
The role will identify and work with new customers to understand their business challenges and demonstrate what solutions Version 1 can offer to resolve those issues. From custom development, through to IT managed services (application, database, infrastructure), collaborative and digital solutions through to advanced data analytics, their breadth of services and experience is significant. This enables the sales teams to offer a range of solutions to Public Sector customers right across the business.
The successful candidate will join a thriving team and will, as a key team member, be driving the next phase of growth within a defined vertical. You will work closely with the existing Public Sector team on a co-ordinated approach to maximise success for Version 1 and drive market share across UK Government.
Principle accountability and responsibility will be to drive new business sales across Version 1’s IT portfolio through:
- Identification of new opportunities to gain increased market share within a defined territory through market knowledge, relationships, frameworks and the Version 1 network.
- Work with Version 1 technology partner and specialists (including Oracle, AWS, and Microsoft) to drive opportunity and revenue generation.
- Development of existing Version 1 regional government customer base.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations and solution proposals and the active management of the full sales cycle.
- Tender preparation and response, including bid management, commercial modelling, and bid strategies engineered for success.
- Contract negotiation covering consulting services, fixed price application development, managed services contracts and license/hardware sales.
- Achieving or exceeding personal sales targets.
Experience & Skills
- Significant experience in new business sales in UK Government, preferably Local Government, Health, Police and/or Higher Education.
- Experience of successfully selling IT services/solutions (not exclusively software).
- Knowledge of UK Public Sector frameworks.
- Experience of successfully running large Government bids and formal competitive procurements.
- Experience of business development/sales processes, including the use of pilots, pre-sales, demonstrations, etc.
- A demonstrable understanding of the application development life cycle from envisioning to solution implementation to managed services.
- Strong strategic account planning, reporting and co-ordinating skills, knowing how and when to draw on pre-sales support and other assistance from within the team.
- A clear and demonstrable track record of sales with achievement of at least 3 out of the last 4 years on/exceeding target.
- Desirably educated to BA/BEng/BSc Hons degree level with a strong academic record or equivalent.
- Native-level fluency in spoken and written English
The role is for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual with a proven track record of success in the UK Public Sector. The role has a strong entrepreneurial flavour and will suit someone who has the drive to carve out their own niche while having the support of a successful sales and marketing engine, and wider business behind them – a self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative with minimal direction.
You will be an excellent communicator who knows how to engage and negotiate with senior level stakeholders in the Public Sector. You will have an excellent track record of selling IT solutions or managed services in to the UK Public Sector.
- Customer focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work and collaborate productively across sales, marketing, sales support and customer delivery teams, even when under pressure.
- Ambitious, confident, enthusiastic individual with a “can-do” attitude.
- Desirably a good understanding and experience selling IT solutions to Local Government, Health, Police and/or Higher Education, is highly desirable for this role.
Version 1 UK & I Strategic Talent Manager
Tel: + 353 1 901 9334
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: October 8, 2020
IT Service Provider Version 1 today announced the establishment of a Digital Development Hub in Belfast and the creation of 70 specialist IT jobs. The Digital Development Hub will service increased customer...
News: October 7, 2020
Version 1 is delighted to announce that we have been crowned a Great Place to Work in Tech 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time...