Version 1 Dublin
Technical Consultant - Contract
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our 1300+ strong team works closely with our technology partners to provide independent advice that helps our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree. You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies.
- The Technical Consultant will work closely with the Data & Systems Lead, Project Manager,
- Solutions Architect, Deployment Support Team, IT infrastructure supplier, application vendors and test automation resource on the IFRS17 project.
- The IFRS17 project is the implementation of two new applications to the NIAC estate, to support compliance to the new IFRS17 Accounting Standard. The new applications consist of a new Data Preparation Layer and an accounting calculation engine (provided by a third party).
- The candidate will be flexible to work on a wide range of project deliverables.
- The Technical Consultant will be a point of Technical Support during the program deployment of the two new applications working with internal teams, suppliers and vendors to deploy and upgrade applications and resolve issues that occur.
- Support initial vendor application installations, responsible for migrating code and configuration data between environments via a code repository and complete quarterly vendor application upgrades and regression testing.
- After initial manual deployment, resource will work towards automating the above procedures using a deployment automation tool (Jenkins).
- Support the production of project deliverables such as Technical Operations Manual, documentation on vendor customizations and how to support them during upgrades.
- Work with internal and third-party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to deploy software and to protect and improve the project environments. Make improvement recommendations where appropriate.
- The Technical Consultant will be highly professional, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual with a can-do attitude. Keen to be involved at all levels with excellent communication, customer relationship management and problem-solving skills.
- Applicant should possess a demonstrable track record of working on projects/programs as a Deployment Support Engineer or similar role in a team-orientated and collaborative environment.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT administration, Infrastructure support, SQL scripting, new application deployments and application upgrades.
- Experience in working with a range of technologies, IT Stakeholders, and external service providers to ensure the continuous delivery of high-quality IT services to our internal customers.
- Experience in deployment automation an advantage.
- Experience in the Financial Services/Life & Pensions Industry an advantage.
- IT Administration experience in Redhat Linux and Windows servers, JBoss and IIS Web servers, Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases.
- Scripting experience using SQL (specifically Oracle and MS SQL), Bash, JSON, Python and Jenkins.
- Experience working with REST JSON APIs, SQL inserts and SAP integration.
- CI/CD experience with using code and software repositories (Bitbucket, Nexus), deployment automation tools (Jenkins) and test automation tools, an advantage.
- Strong Application and Software Deployment Support background.
- Experience working in a hybrid agile/waterfall project deployment.
- ETL (Extract Transform Load) data management experience and EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) best practice experience.
- Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Solid technical expertise in applications / technologies that support the Financial Services and Life & Pensions industry. Aptitude applications experience an advantage.
- Must have a good understanding of IT Security practices and a strong Business Acumen.
- Must have excellent technical analysis experience and have the ability to present technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Must be solution focused individuals with ability to understand complex problems and articulate them into simple issues and solutions.
- Must have excellent organisational skills, logical and efficient thinking, and strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, effectively prioritise and execute tasks and work on own initiative, where appropriate.
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: March 16, 2021
Looking for and accepting a position at a new company is usually a step in a person’s career that brings a certain amount of change. A new business usually means new people, new tools, processes,...
Blog: March 15, 2021
Version 1 is celebrating being recognised officially as a Great Place to Work in Ireland for the tenth consecutive year. Great things really did come in threes for us at the 19th annual Great Place...
Version 1 is thrilled to announce that we have been listed as one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Ireland for 2021, an accolade we have now received for a remarkable 10 years in a row! We were honoured...