Version 1 Dublin
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
“Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.”
Please beware that this Project Manager is not an immediate requirement, we are looking to build a talent pipeline for upcoming business so a member of the Talent team will be in touch with you with an update over the coming weeks.
You will come from a project management or business consulting background and ideally have 5 years’ project management experience in large scale software development and deployment projects. Ideally you will be experienced in full development project life cycle implementations and or application Integrations and have experience working with a relevant methodologies such as agile or waterfall. Experience in Fixed Price engagements is advantageous.
You will have excellent facilitation, communication and presentation skills, you will have the ability to deal with all levels of a client organisation with an ability to manage scope, RAID, resources and budget delivering projects to achieve their intended business outcomes. You will be a team player and self-motivated, you will demonstrate a strong customer-centric ethos and an ability to develop strong relationships with relevant stakeholders and ensure their needs are met.
For this Version 1 will offer you the opportunity to develop your career with 1 of Ireland's Great Places to Work.
- Working with the Project Owner/Sponsor to confirm the project scope and goals, objectives and business justification, secure project resources (people and budget) and re-iterate the mandate for the project.
- Preparing a detailed project work-plan with associated resource requirement profile identification.
- Undertaking standard RAID analysis and establishing the project governance structure and processes.
- Creating, maintaining and updating a Project Initiation Document.
- Leading, monitoring and maintaining progress of the project plan to ensure delivery of the key stages and goals within the agreed constraints of time, cost and quality.
- Controlling and reporting progress to the Project Steering Group/Project Sponsor and escalating any issues, as appropriate, in a timely manner. Initiating corrective action where necessary in order to keep the project on track.
- Continually assessing potential risks and issues maintaining risk and issue logs, and contingency plans.
- Playing a lead role in defining an effective communication strategy for the project, including communicating and consulting with key stakeholders.
- Identify inter-dependencies between the various stakeholder groups to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated and communicated.
Please note that we are not in a position to offer sponsorship for this role, you must have the legal right to live and work in the Rep of Ireland.
- Overall strong Project Management capabilities, 5+ years of PM experience.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of PRINCE 2 or PMP and practical experience of same.
- Experience in driving the implementation of new Business Processes to support adoption of new technology.
- Budget management, commercial and Customer experience.
- Full SDLC experience.
- Excellent team motivator.
- Proven track record in successfully delivery fixed price engagements.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology, an advantage.
- Experience in using standard Project Management and MS Office tools inc. MS Project, Excel, Word and Visio.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Excellent command of English.
- Strong interest in developing PM Capability solutions and methodologies.
Version 1 Talent Team Lead
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: May 4, 2021
Version 1 was honoured last week to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, placing 20th in the 2021 listings. The annual Great Place to Work-Certified™ benchmark study...
News: April 29, 2021
Version 1 was honoured today to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, ranking in the top 20 again this year. Going from strength-to-strength, Version 1 is enjoying continued...