Version 1 Bengaluru
Data Analytics Consultant (Data Engineer)
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer of large scale data solutions. A contract position, you will join a team delivering a transformative cloud hosted data platform for a key Version 1 customer.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in implementing data ingestion and transformation pipelines for large scale organisations. We are seeking someone with deep technical skills in a variety of technologies to play an important role in developing and delivering early proofs of concept and production implementation.
You will ideally have at least 5-7 years experience in building solutions using a variety of open source tools & Microsoft Azure services, and a proven track record in delivering high quality work to tight deadlines.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Designing and implementing highly performant data ingestion & transformation pipelines from multiple sources using a variety of technologies
- Delivering and presenting proofs of concept to of key technology components to prospective customers and project stakeholders.
- Developing scalable and re-usable frameworks for ingestion and transformation of large data sets
- Master data management system and process design and implementation.
- Data quality system and process design and implementation.
- Integrating the end to end data pipleline to take data from source systems to target data repositories ensuring the quality and consistency of data is maintained at all times
- Working with event based / streaming technologies to ingest and process data
- Working with other members of the project team to support delivery of additional project components (Reporting tools, API interfaces, Search)
- Evaluating the performance and applicability of multiple tools against customer requirements
Working within an Agile delivery / DevOps methodology to deliver proof of concept and production implementation in iterative sprints.
You will have:
- Microsoft Azure Big Data Architecture certification.
- Hands on experience designing and delivering solutions using the Azure Data Analytics platform (Cortana Intelligence Platform) including Azure Storage, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Stream Analytics
- Direct experience of building data piplines using Azure Data Factory and Apache Spark (preferably Databricks).
- Experience building data warehouse solutions using ETL / ELT tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Talend, Wherescape Red.
- Experience with Azure Event Hub, IOT Hub, Apache Kafka, Nifi for use with streaming data / event-based data
- Experience with other Open Source big data products eg Hadoop (incl. Hive, Pig, Impala)
- Experience with Open Source non-relational / NoSQL data repositories (incl. MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J)
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data including imaging & geospatial data.
- Comprehensive understanding of data management best practices including demonstrated experience with data profiling, sourcing, and cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching.
- Experience working in a Dev/Ops environment with tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services, Chef, Puppet or Terraform
… and you’ll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we’d love to speak with you.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: May 4, 2021
Version 1 was honoured last week to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, placing 20th in the 2021 listings. The annual Great Place to Work-Certified™ benchmark study...
News: April 29, 2021
Version 1 was honoured today to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, ranking in the top 20 again this year. Going from strength-to-strength, Version 1 is enjoying continued...