Version 1 Dublin
Azure Solutions Architect
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Are you interested in making a difference with technology? We make differences. Big ones, and small ones. Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies. With over 20 years’ experience, we are trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by commitment to our Core Values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our employees agree; we were delighted to have been officially recognised as a Best Large Workplace in the UK, Ireland and Europe this year.
Whilst Version 1 is a great and happy place to work, it’s not an easy place to work. Version 1 is rewarding with plenty of room for growth, but it is also challenging and will test your skills to ensure you get the most from your role so that you always feel that your career is progressing. If this sounds appealing to you, you could be a good culture fit for our latest Microsoft Applications Architect - Azure role.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions across multiple platforms.
- Providing Microsoft Azure architecture collaboration with other Version 1 technical teams such as ERP, Oracle, Digital and Software Asset Management.
- Implementation and Delivery of Microsoft Azure projects.
- Business Development and Technical Pre-Sales for key Version 1 customers.
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. architecture, configuration and setup).
- Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology in a leading role as part of a wider team.
- Collaborate and liaise with other Version 1 and customer stakeholders/ end users in the software development lifecycle – PMs, BAs, Testing etc
- Provide effective knowledge transfer and upskilling to relevant customer personnel to ensure an appropriate level of future self-sufficiency.
- Assist in transition of projects to Version 1 Managed Services teams.
You will have:
- Direct experience of a range services from the Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform including Infrastructure and Security related services such as Azure AD, IaaS, Containers, Storage, Networking and Azure Security.
- Direct experience of enterprise solution shaping and Microsoft Azure Cloud architecture development including excellent documentation skills.
- Experience of setting up, deploying and managing multiple environments to support agile development approaches.
- Possession of either the Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions and Architecting Microsoft Azure certifications.
- Deep understanding of coding best practices and modern architectural patterns, including micro services and message-driven architectures
- Recent hands-on experience with DevOps toolset.
It is essential that you have strong, in-depth and demonstrable hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, automation, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Microsoft Azure Platform As A Service ( PaaS ) products such as Azure SQL, AppServices, Logic Apps, Functions and other Serverless services
- Understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such including Azure AD or AD B2C
- Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools, including Azure Monitor, App Insights and Log Analytics
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Git, ARM templates and deployment automation.
- Experienced in the design and delivery of enterprise level Highly Available solutions.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...
News: November 10, 2021
We have marked a new milestone in our Version 1 history with the introduction of our 2000 team member! We have welcomed Fergal O’Shea, Senior Java Developer, who is based in our Belfast office. Version...
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...