Version 1 Dublin
Infrastructure Technical Lead
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our 1500+ strong team works closely with our technology partners to provide independent advice that helps our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree. You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies.
- Lead an infrastructure implementation team on a range of projects within an overall program of work
- Review project technical deliverables for quality
- Work with our Senior Infrastructure and Solution Architects to turn the customers brief into low level technical designs and solutions
- Work with the Infrastructure project manager to develop the required project approach, phases, deliverables, tasks and estimates
- Coordinate with the Application Development Team on any cross-stream project issues or touchpoints
- Coordinate with Third Parties (e.g. Networking service provider) to identify project integration touchpoints and agree their scopes of work
The Infrastructure Team Lead must have the following attributes:
- A highly motivated individual with a project consultant and solution orientated mindset
- 5+ years of infrastructure design and consultancy experience
- Strong documentation skills with particular focus on technical designs
- Display a breadth and depth of knowledge across a wide spectrum of existing technologies used within the customers IT estate (see below)
- Ability to quickly adapt to further new technologies when required
- Proven team management, organisational, analytical, risk management, and problem-solving skills
- Qualification in Computer Science / Computer Engineering OR equivalent work experience.
- Strong communication skills - can describe complex technical concepts/issues with non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to quickly arbitrate, prioritise and filter project issues to identify solutions
- Ability to make balanced and pragmatic technical decisions to ensure timely project completion
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Design and consultancy experience in the following technologies
- Containerised Microservice Architectures using Docker/Kubernetes (ideally OpenShift)
- Building highly available API services (ideally using RedHat 3Scale and SSO)
- Building and migrating to Public Cloud or hybrid-Cloud
- Solid understanding of DevOps concepts and technologies (e.g. CI/CD pipelines)
- Security Concepts and Standards (PCI an advantage)
- VMware ESXI and SRM
- SAN technologies (ideally EMC VNX5200 family)
- A solid understanding of network and firewall design concepts - while we do not provide this as a core service, this knowledge is beneficial to effectively coordinate with third party providers
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Exposure to other technical components in the estate: Redis/Sentinel, Red Hat Data Grid, MariaDB Galera, HA-Proxy, NetScaler services integration, NetBackup, RecoverPoint, SSL certificates, IdM server management, MSAD integration
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...