Version 1 Dublin
Azure Application Solution architect
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Solutions Architect with clear enterprise architecture experience to join our Digital & Transformation Team and look after all our Public Sector Clients.
You will join a diverse team providing IT development and support services, working initially with one of Version 1's most important public sector customers.
Your role will be to devise and design solutions for the customer's large and small change requirements and to guide and govern the technical direction of the team with the view to continuously improving quality and efficiency. You will provide technical guidance to our customers and to internal teams as we work together building digital services to meet the challenges of the 2020s and beyond.
- To provide technical and design leadership to a highly skilled and motivated expert technical team.
- To work with senior management of Version 1's customer, assisting it as it makes critical decisions on technical direction.
- To design solutions that make use of the newest technologies and industry best practices.
- To be part of a motivated and dynamic delivery team with strong core values that seek to drive the customer's success.
- To work with other Version 1 architects to investigate bleeding edge technologies and to understand how they may meet the customer's strategic goals.
- To contribute to the development of architectures for other customers of Version 1 when required.
- Work with the customer to develop the strategic direction of IT architecture and the build-out of citizen-facing digital services using modern DevOps approaches.
- Identify opportunities to add value to the customer in the management and delivery of its IT landscape.
- Developing effective logical, conceptual, and physical designs in conjunction with the wider IT development and support team.
- Working with business analysts and end-users to elicit requirements & assist in developing design specifications for short-, medium- and long-term future state architectures.
- Evaluating and recommending external products and services that may meet the customer's requirements.
- Identifying technology trends and deriving relevant IT proposals, including migration strategies.
- Engaging with the software development lifecycle, providing design and technical coaching to project business analysts, solutions architects, development teams, test management, and project managers.
- Working knowledge of Common Architectural Patterns – particularly API-driven design and microservices.
- Extensive Solution Design, development and delivery experience in diverse and complex environments
- Enterprise Architecture modelling, development tools and techniques including UML, ArchiMate and Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- In-depth familiarity with solution design and delivery in technologies such as
- Redhat OpenShift container platform, or it's upstream project OKD (okd.io).
- Kubernetes container orchestration, Docker
- Java frameworks (specifically Springboot), Open API, Microservices
- Architecture and solution design expertise in private cloud environments.
- DevOps techniques and processes (dependency management, build orchestration, branch management, artefact repositories).
- Extensive client-facing experience, including experience working with C-Suite level managers on high-profile IT design or delivery projects.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...
News: November 10, 2021
We have marked a new milestone in our Version 1 history with the introduction of our 2000 team member! We have welcomed Fergal O’Shea, Senior Java Developer, who is based in our Belfast office. Version...
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...