Version 1 Cork
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
- Leading the design and delivery of innovative data solutions using latest services from Azure eco-system.
- Exploiting industry best practices and your experience to create a data platform to enable business growth.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in order to collect and document technical requirements.
- Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance and innovate solutions and improve process efficiency.
A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience is required.
- 3-5 years working with core Microsoft Azure Data Services (Data Factory, Databricks, Azure SQL)
- Azure Data Certification
- Experience with Data Warehouse design and Kimball methodology
- ETL experience using SSIS and Azure Data Factory
- Experience working with SQL Server, SQL Data Warehouse and Azure Data Lake
- Strong knowledge of data modelling and data warehousing concepts
- SQL server schema design and optimization to meet performance requirements
- Python programming for Data engineering and clean up.
- Experience of working with Power BI and DAX programming.
- Strong knowledge of Apache Spark, Power Query and SQL.
- Good understanding and experience of working with data security options on Azure.
- Proven ability to translate complex business requirements into design of end-to-end data systems including scalability, HA and DR
- Technologies: SQL Server, data integration, ETL Design, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Server and Azure Synapse
- Core Programming languages: T-SQL, Power Shell, Azure API, DAX
Desired Qualifications and Other Experience
- A minimum of a third level degree in Maths, Physics, Engineering, Computer Sciences or a related discipline
- Commercial experience in Data Warehousing and business intelligence projects.
- Experience in handling large and complex datasets using multiple programming languages (T-SQL, Python, R etc.) is essential
- Experience analysing multiple business domains and translating them to dimensional designs for analytics and reporting
- Basic knowledge of or exposure to machine learning, data visualisation, and artificial intelligence techniques. Experience working with Data Scientists and Machine Learning teams.
- Data governance experience desirable.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: April 27, 2022
At Version 1, we are extremely proud to be named the 6th Best Workplace in the United Kingdom, following last night’s Great Place to Work™ UK Awards in London. Having previously placed as the 20th...
Blog: April 20, 2022
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I finished high school with a diploma in product design and did not pursue...