Enterprise software vendors do not design their license policy to be easily understood. As a result of this customers often find themselves paying for products that they do not require and overpaying for the ones that they do. Software users are often unaware of vendor rules according to contractual obligations. Vendors can conduct a license audit and non-compliance can result in unexpected costs and stress for the customer.
Version 1 License Management can provide the full lifecycle of software licensing consultancy services, ensuring our client’s enterprise application license estates are fully optimised and under control with regards to cost, license compliance and complexity.
Our Approach to Mitigating the Cost and Risk of Vendor Audits
Discovery, Baseline and Optimisation
During a typical review, we find non-compliance risks of over £5.8 million.
Why Version 1?
We will always put the customer first. We are technology agnostic, providing a modular plug & play approach to each set of unique customer requirements. We enable clients to make better, more informed decisions on their software estate; understand the options and make the right decision for you. Our priority is to give the best advice, not just to secure licensing revenue.
Reduce Cost & Risk
Trusted Software Advisor
- Tools Agnostic
Market Leading Expertise
- Breadth & Scale
- Technical Background
- Ongoing Staff Education
- Oracle License AuditHave you been approached by Oracle requesting an Oracle License Review or would you just like to be more prepared in the event of an Oracle audit? Version 1’s Oracle license consultants have a deep understanding of Oracle audits. Our experts can help you gain control and provide independent validation, advice and guidance during the audit process.
- Microsoft Audit DefenceMicrosoft license compliance verifications or license audit requests can be alarming and completely unexpected. Version 1’s Microsoft license consultants have a wealth of experience when dealing with Microsoft audits and can assist you in how to respond, help to prepare and also help with any remediation activity.
- IBM Licence Audit DefenceVersion 1's license experts have considerable expertise in helping enterprises prepare for an audit and can support you through an IBM software license review to a successful conclusion, mitigating unbudgeted costs and risks.
- Microfocus License Audit DefenceVersion 1's license experts have considerable experience in helping enterprises prepare for an audit and can support you through a Microfocus license verification to a successful conclusion, mitigating unbudgeted costs and risks, where appropriate.
- Veritas License Audit DefenceVersion 1's license experts have considerable experience in helping enterprises prepare for an audit and can support you through a Veritas license verification to a successful conclusion, mitigating unbudgeted costs and risks, where appropriate.
The Benefits of a Version 1 Software License Audit Services for Your Business
Better Vendor Relationships
Optimal license agreement for your needs
Value Added Procurement
Fireside Chat – The Importance of Preparing for a Vendor Audit.
Vendor audits are on the increase and so how you prepare for an audit or react to a request is critical to an optimal result for you. Version 1’s recent fireside chat with Jason Pepper, Head of SAM Practice aims to highlight some of the key actions and activities to consider as part of your vendor audit preparation and action plan.View Video
News & Insights
Blog: October 7, 2021
Gartner published a press release in November 2020 that stated, “The COVID-19 pandemic forced organizations to quickly focus on three priorities: preserve cash and optimize IT costs, support and secure...
Digital Guides, Downloadable Content, Whitepaper: October 7, 2021
As experts in enterprise license optimisation, we encounter organisations that are moving to or have moved to the cloud, and have overlooked or misunderstood the full impact of cloud adoption on their...