The Agile Mindset: Geek Girl Dinners
Dogpatch Labs, The Chq Building, Custom House Quay, North Dock, Dublin | 06 February 2020
Version 1 & Geek Girl Dinners hosted an interactive panel discussion on lessons learned from Agile Project Management and Agile Software Development
On the night we discussed:
- The best approaches for the adoption of Agile and Lean Thinking
- Pitfalls our panel may have seen in terms of implementing Agile
- How to know if Agile is right for an organisation
- Whether roles and responsibilities greatly differ on Agile teams
- Advice for people new to Agile teams
- Working with geographically distributed teams
- Whether they believe in following Scrum as prescribed
- Their thoughts on some of the recent trends in Agile development
Our panel was hosted by Maeve Loughnane – Portfolio Director at Version 1, and featured the following guest speakers:
- Nicola Roche – The Project Manager of AFIT (Agriculture Inspections), Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine
- Mary Hennessy – Senior Project Manager (Scrum Master, Principal), Version 1
- Bridget Connaughton, Design Lead, Digital Factory at ESB
The event was very interactive, as attendees used our live polling technology throughout the discussion to submit their questions, which were addressed during the Q & A segment of the session.
Geek Girls Dinner
Women at Version 1
We aim to go above and beyond to ensure that the women in our workforce are treated fairly when it comes to pay, recognition, training and promotion opportunities; where they can take the time off they need to attend to childcare or other family commitments; and where they are encouraged, empowered and supported to do their best work. Please take a look at some of our Women at Version 1 initiatives and projects via the below link.Women at Version 1
More Insights from Version 1
News: January 16, 2023
Largest Irish-Founded Tech Employer Surpasses 3000 Employees Signing 15th and 16th Acquisition Deals Version 1, a leading digital transformation partner, is to acquire two significant players in the UK...
Blog: January 6, 2023
At Version 1 we have been working with OutSystems since 2019 – and have recently had a series of large public sector projects go live. Whilst every project has its own challenges, this blog explains...
Version 1 saw employer awards success in 2022, achieving 12 Great Place To Work® awards this year. This recognises Version 1’s commitment to Excellence around the globe including India, Ireland,...