The Agile Mindset: Geek Girl Dinners
Dogpatch Labs, The Chq Building, Custom House Quay, North Dock, Dublin | 6 February 2020
Version 1 & Geek Girl Dinners hosted an interactive panel discussion on lessons learned from Agile Project Management and Agile Software Development
On the night we discussed:
- The best approaches for the adoption of Agile and Lean Thinking
- Pitfalls our panel may have seen in terms of implementing Agile
- How to know if Agile is right for an organisation
- Whether roles and responsibilities greatly differ on Agile teams
- Advice for people new to Agile teams
- Working with geographically distributed teams
- Whether they believe in following Scrum as prescribed
- Their thoughts on some of the recent trends in Agile development
Our panel was hosted by Maeve Loughnane – Portfolio Director at Version 1, and featured the following guest speakers:
- Nicola Roche – The Project Manager of AFIT (Agriculture Inspections), Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine
- Mary Hennessy – Senior Project Manager (Scrum Master, Principal), Version 1
- Bridget Connaughton, Design Lead, Digital Factory at ESB
The event was very interactive, as attendees used our live polling technology throughout the discussion to submit their questions, which were addressed during the Q & A segment of the session.
Geek Girls Dinner
News: February 19, 2020
One of the fastest growing IT services companies in Western Europe, Version 1 has been awarded a two-year contract by Acas (The Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) to support a range of the...
News: February 14, 2020
Oracle OpenWorld Europe took place at the ExCeL, London on the 12th and 13th February, bringing together a range of keynotes and sessions from thought leaders, entrepreneurs, innovators, and shapers of...
News: February 13, 2020
Version 1 is delighted to announce that we are now a proud member of CeADAR, Ireland’s National Centre for Applied Analytics & AI. CeADAR is a market-focused technology centre that drives the accelerated...