A Day in the Life of Version 1
A look at a day in the life of our organisation
A business can appear mysterious to outsiders; what does an average day at the firm look like, and what do their people do each day? One of the most popular questions we hear from candidates applying to work at Version 1 is: what does an average workday look like?
Well, there is no easy answer. As a 1400+ person organisation, we have hundreds of teams and customers, tens of departments and multiple locations. We know that our employees are our biggest asset, so maintaining a great place to work and a culture we can be proud of is not just another company initiative; it’s embedded in everything we do. At Version 1, we are a people business, and no two days are the same here, no matter what your job is.
As such, we asked several members of our crew to outline what their day looks like. Below you can read a variety of experiences from different career paths across Version 1.
Discover a Day in the Life of Different Roles in Version 1:
- Mary Donnelly from our Ireland Digital & Cloud Solutions team discusses her role.
Business Applications Consultant
- Helen McCreery gives an insight into her client-facing consulting role in Dublin.
- Ninad Nimkhedkar from our Bangalore Digital and Cloud team tells us about his role.
- Simon Wraight from our London Digital, Data and Cloud team discusses his varied role.
- Ronan O'Reilly discusses his experiences as a QA Lead at Version 1.
- Tanya Matthews from our UK Digital and Cloud Solutions team tells us about her role in Belfast.
- Eimear Murphy from our Ireland Digital & Cloud Solutions team discusses her role.
Lead Test Analyst
- Mohamed Kashif from our UK Digital, Data and Cloud team discusses his interesting job.
SQL Server DBA
- Joe Henry from our Belfast team outlines what a typical day in his position looks like.
Application Modernisation Architect
- David Ayerst from Version 1 Belfast discusses his typical day in the business.
- John Luck from our London office gives us great insights into his role.
- Tejashri Srikumar from our Ireland Digital & Cloud Solutions team discusses her role.
- Dean Wallis from our London office gives us an overview of his interesting career to date.
Award Winning Employee Focus
Version 1 is extremely proud to hold numerous employer awards. Our accolades include:
- TOP 10 GREAT PLACE TO WORK - IRELAND
(2012 - 2021)
- TOP 20 BEST LARGE WORKPLACES UK
(2019 - 2021)
- HEALTH & WELLNESS AWARD
(2018 - 2021)
- TOP 50 BEST WORKPLACES IN EUROPE
(2017 - 2020)
- BEST WORKPLACE FOR WOMEN AWARD
Become part of our team - we're hiring!
Our employees have the ability to see what is really needed in every situation, the tenacity to question everything and to jump all hurdles in front of them, a total commitment to customer success and a never-ending desire to deliver results. They make a difference. And with over 1300 difference makers on our team, we’re growing in number every day. Join us?View our Careers Page
Recent News from Version 1:
Blog: June 11, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? My background is not typical for someone working in a tech company. After...
Blog: June 1, 2021
I joined Version 1 remotely as a Delivery Manager in November 2020, however, my journey with Version 1 started a little before that. In March 2020, I was unemployed. I had been out of work for a few months...