Database Freedom Thursdays
4 – 25 July 2019
Database Freedom: Migrating from Traditional Licensed Database Engines to AWS
Database Freedom is a program designed by AWS to assist customers migrating from traditional and proprietary database engines to cloud-native ones on AWS. AWS meets the needs of today’s new applications as well as modernisation agendas by offering a range of purpose-built databases. The range available allows customers to focus on innovation and customer experience by matching the optimal solution for the given use-case, whilst leveraging a cost-effective platform. As an AWS Premier Partner, Version 1 helps customers navigate the complexity of traditional databases, licensing costs, legacy overhaul and AWS migrations.
Reduce IT Spend, Licensing Costs and Optimise Your Digital Capabilities
Meet our Version 1 AWS experts at one of our upcoming Database Freedom Thursday’s at locations across the UK and Ireland. Aimed at IT business leaders your 1-1 meeting is tailored to your specific IT estate and will give you an understanding of the choices and cost-effective measures for lowering your IT spend including the AWS database freedom program.
- Better understand the journey to lower cost IT and your current starting position
- Discover strategic options for aligning IT to business strategy
- Understand the steps to simplifying the process of migrating traditional databases to AWS
- Explore considerations and approaches to optimising cloud resource consumption
- Find options for optimising traditional database software licenses on AWS, when these are migrated
- Understand the benefits of AWS Cloud to reduce support effort, time and cost whilst improving application availability and digital capabilities for your organisation