Version 1 Shortlisted for ‘Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion’ Award
Version 1 has been shortlisted for ‘Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion’ at the Chambers Ireland Corporate Social Responsibility Awards 2019.
Version 1 is delighted to announce that we have been shortlisted at the sixteenth annual Chambers Ireland Corporate Social Responsibility Awards for ‘Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion.’
The Chambers Ireland Corporate Social Responsibility Awards recognise the work being carried out by Irish and multinational companies to improve the lives of their employees and to enhance the civic environment in which they operate. The awards ceremony will take place on the evening of Thursday 19 September 2019.
This is a particularly noteworthy nomination for Version 1 given our belief that fostering a diverse and inclusive environment is central to achieving a great workplace for all of our employees.
For several years, the Version 1 Diversity & Inclusion Initiative has sought to ensure inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience for our people.
Aiming to contrast recent reports that only 52% of people believe that their voice is heard and respected in their workplace, Version 1 strives to continually maintain a culture in which our employees can grow while feeling that their uniqueness and differences are embraced.
The Version 1 Diversity & Inclusion Initiative
According to a report by Glassdoor, Gen Z jobseekers want their future employers to put Diversity and Inclusion efforts at the fore of their growth plans. A diverse and inclusive workforce enhances employee happiness, fosters creativity and ensures that businesses leverage the full potential of their people.
Version 1 has been on a journey since 2017 to advance these efforts through our Diversity and Inclusion Initiative. The main aim of this initiative is to ensure that our staff feel comfortable bringing their true self to work by celebrating our differences.
As part of these efforts staff regularly undertake a range of Diversity & Inclusion efforts across our offices, including:
- Distribution of a weekly internal newsletter curated by staff that includes Diversity and Inclusion updates and results
- Insightful employee-submitted blogs hosted on our website that investigate topical issues, highlighting the ongoing internal efforts of the initiative
- Regular events that bolster our aims for this initiative are hosted by and attended by Version 1 staff
- Version 1 hosts panel discussions that staff can attend to better understand the ongoing Diversity and Inclusion efforts internally
- Staff regularly partake in video filming and other content creation that drives awareness of these Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Version 1’s Community Trust programme has donated over €250,000 to nominated causes across the UK, Ireland and beyond, helping causes which are closely related to the Initiative
So far, our efforts have achieved many impactful results across our different locations, including:
- 3% increase in female employees in total from 2017 to 2019
- 30% senior management are women and trending upwards
- 10% increase in the female to male new-starter ratio
- Increased our Maternity leave to 6 months full pay
- Increased our Paternity leave to 2 weeks full pay
- We support diverse events from Girls Who Code, School Reach Out, Women ReBoot, Sponsoring the Women in Tech Initiative and STEM Ambassador Programme to Women in IT
- Launched our LGBTQ+ resource group
- Built Unconscious Bias training into our mandatory onboarding training for any new joiners
While we are not where we want to be yet, we believe with consistent effort and change, the dial will continue to move towards a more equal workplace. As our HR Director Jarlath Dooley recently said: “It is integral to our business to be a Diverse and Inclusive workplace as we continue to grow and making real changes through our Diversity and Inclusion Initiative remains firmly at the heart of our company’s long-term plans.”
As a result of these continued efforts Version 1 was delighted to be certified as a Best Workplace for Women 2019. This accolade celebrated that the women in our workforce are treated fairly when it comes to pay, recognition, training and promotion opportunities; where they can take the time off they need to attend to childcare or other family commitments; and where they are encouraged, empowered, and supported to do their best work.
In the two years since its launch, the Diversity and Inclusion Initiative at Version 1 has helped us to establish a more diverse, inclusive and happy workforce that celebrates every person’s unique differences.
If this sounds like a place you might like to work, check out open vacancies here.