- 1:33PM – 2:03PM: Precision Medicine and Positive Outcomes: How ML can Help Tailor Immunotherapies to Cancer Patients – Raphael Gottardo, Scientific Director of the Translational Data Science Integrated Research Center at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- 2:04PM – 2:34PM: Deep Learning for Disaster Management and Response – Cornelia Caragea, Associate Professor, Science and Engineering Offices, Computer Science, University of Illinois at Chicago
- 2:35PM – 3:05PM: Harnessing AI and Machine Learning to Create Smarter, Cleaner Cities – Guido Jouret, Chief Digital Officer, ABB
- 3:06PM – 3:36PM: Deep Learning in Deep Nets: Helping Fish Farmers Feed The World – Bryton Shang, Founder and CEO, Aquabyte
- 3:39PM – 4:09PM: Deepfakes, Audiofakes, and the Future of Media – Delip Rao, Vice President of Research at the AI Foundation
- 4:10PM – 4:40PM: From Seed To Store: Using AI to Optimize the Indoor Farms of the Future – Henry Sztul, SVP, Science and Technology, Bowery Farming
- 4:41PM – 5:11PM: Big Data for Tiny Patients: Applying ML to Pediatrics – Judith Dexheimer, Associate Professor, UC Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- 5:12PM – 5:42PM: Machine Learning and Society: Bias, Fairness and Explainability – Pietro Perona, Amazon Fellow, AWS
What to Expect at AWS re:Invent 2019
AWS's Premier Learning Conference
Taking place between 2nd December to the 6th December, AWS re:Invent 2019 is a learning conference hosted by Amazon Web Services for the global cloud computing community. The event will feature keynote announcements, training and certification opportunities, access to more than 2,500 technical sessions, a partner expo, after-hours events, and more for AWS developers and engineers, system administrators, systems architects, and technical decision-makers.
Talk to Version 1 at re:Invent
Version 1 will attend the conference from Monday-Friday and attendees will have the opportunity to speak to our Enterprise Cloud Experts. If you would like to arrange a meeting or discussion with Version 1 representatives in Las Vegas, just fill in your details in the form below.
New products are expected to be announced at re:Invent this year, with AWS Launchpad streaming between 11:00AM – 6:00PM PT Tuesday to Thursday during re:Invent. A live Q&A session will also be streamed, featuring AWS experts. The AWS Launchpad stream can be found here.
AI and Machine Learning Summit
A half-day summit will be held at this year’s event, where visitors can hear from leaders in Artifical Intelligence and Machine Learning. Topics range from bias and ethics in AI, to how Machine Learning can be applied to solve some of our toughest societal challenges. Hosted at the Venetian Theater, Las Vegas, the Summit is designed for everyone from data scientists to business professionals, with updates delivered on the latest breakthroughs and future possibilities. To attend the Machine Learning Summit, visitors will need to register for reserved seating.
Moderated by Michelle Lee, VP of Amazon Machine Learning Solutions Lab, the full agenda for the AI and Machine Learning Summit can be found below:
Keynotes at re:Invent 2019 will deliver the latest news about AWS products and services, inspiring visitors to push boundaries and innovate within the Cloud. Below are some of the Executive Keynotes that will take place throughout re:Invent. All four of these keynotes will be live-streamed by AWS – sign up to watch these keynotes here.
Monday – 2nd December – Monday Night Live
Peter DeSantis, VP of AWS Global Infrastructure and Customer Support will be delivering a keynote on how AWS has optimized its cloud infrastructure to run the world’s most demanding workloads. Peter will also share an update on the growth and scale of AWS’ global infrastructure. The first 1,000 attendees to this keynote will also receive a Monday Night Live t-shirt.
Tuesday – 3rd December – Andy Jassy
Andy Jassy, CEO of AWS will be delivering a highly anticipated keynote on Tuesday, December 3rd. Presenting at Venetian Hall A at 8am-11am, Andy will share his insight and the latest news about AWS customers, products, and services.
Wednesday – 4th December – Global Partner Summit
On the 4th December, Doug Yuem, Head of AWS Worldwide Channels and Alliances, will be sharing how AWS Partners are helping customers transform and innovate using the AWS cloud at the Global Partner Summit Keynote. Doug’s keynote will also feature a ‘Fireside Chat’ with Andy Jassy.
Thursday – 5th December – Dr. Werner Vogels
Dr. Werner Vogels, CTO of Amazon.com, will be delivering a keynote in which visitors can learn about the technical underpinnings of AWS services and the architectural design investments Amazon is making. The first 1,000 guests in the keynote line will also get a special piece of ‘swag’.
Amazon’s Engineering Practices
Amazon principal engineers will be delivering re:Invent sessions showcasing how Amazon builds its services. These sessions will provide an in-depth insight into how Amazon builds organisations, processes and systems to enable rapid innovation, with the full session list here. Throughout the week, sessions will be delivered focusing on the following topics:
AWS Premier Partners
Version 1 is a leader in Enterprise Cloud services and was one of the first AWS Consulting Partners in Europe. We are an AWS Premier Partner and specialise in migrating and running complex enterprise workloads in Public Cloud. We are an Oracle Platinum partner, with an unrivalled specialisation list on all aspects of the Oracle stack, including databases, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft and E-Business Suite. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our team works closely with AWS to help our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT.