Saving Time with Better Reporting for Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Trust
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Trust takes control of their budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes with Health Planning and Budgeting Cloud.
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Trust employ around 6,000 staff who deliver compassionate care from their two hospitals, Calderdale Royal Hospital, and Huddersfield Royal Infirmary as well as in community sites, health-centres, and patients’ homes. Foundation trusts provide the core health services needed for their community but are also free to invest quickly in response to the challenges they face in striving to deliver the best possible patient outcomes.
The Trust were under pressure to provide more detailed and accurate reporting to NHSi, but also found it cumbersome, time-consuming, and extremely challenging to budget and forecast due to spreadsheet-laden processes. Different divisions would budget at the different granularity and use different assumptions making consolidating budgets and consistent reporting problematic and tedious.
Our team implemented our Health Planning and Budgeting solution based on Oracle EPM Cloud Planning. Moreover, this engagement used our Journey to Cloud methodology to achieve their finance transformation objectives – a best practice approach that combines our deep industry and technical expertise to design, implement and manage your migration to the cloud.
Our team implemented Version 1’s Health Planning and Budgeting solution based on Oracle EPM Cloud Planning. Moreover, this engagement used our Journey to Cloud methodology to achieve their finance transformation objectives – a best practice approach that combines our deep industry and technical expertise to design, implement and manage your migration to the cloud.
- Ever-increasing reporting demands from NHSi – require more detail and more forecast data.
- Heavily reliant on spreadsheets for reporting making it cumbersome and slow.
- Plans at a divisional and trust level needed to be prepared, making consolidation of numbers a challenge in Excel.
- Trust-level plans were typically at a high level with little or no drill-down analysis capability in spreadsheets.
- No consistency across forecast drivers and assumptions making it difficult to report and understand.
- Took over a week to load up budget journals to be able to consolidate a top-down bottom-up budgeting approach.
- Implementation of Q.health Planning and Budgeting solution based on Oracle EPM Cloud Planning (formerly PBCS).
- Journey to Cloud Methodology to accelerate delivery to the Cloud.
By using the NHS Planning Template everyone is now focused on the future state rather than just explaining past expenditure. All our budget holders have greater visibility
Philippa Russell – Assistant Finance Director
Real Differences, Delivered
We can now report at a plan, actual and forecast level which drives better insight. We also now have a significantly streamlined business planning and budgeting process, which saves significant time
Philppa Russell – Assistant Finance Director
- Supports monthly forecasting and the ability to add forecast data down to the cost center level.
- Delivers timely and accurate data to budget holders and key stakeholders.
- Empowers managers with integrated Excel-based custom reporting.
- Applies consistent rules and assumptions for planning and budgeting across the Trust.
- A centralized application for all finance data: actuals, budgets, forecasts and plans.
About Version 1
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our team of difference-makers work tirelessly to provide independent advice and deliver impactful changes to help our customers navigate the rapidly changing Digital-First world we live in. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree.
Latest News from Version 1
Blog: September 21, 2023
The future at Version 1 is all about helping our customers with resolving and challenging and delivering solutions to the impossible. Now that 2023 is drawing to a close, we are already deep in planning...
Blog: September 20, 2023
Extraordinary… If I had to sum up the last year at Version 1, it would be really nothing less than extraordinary, because we’ve achieved so much since I joined. We’ve grown from 2,200 people...