University of Oxford - Business Case for E-Business Suite Upgrade
The University of Oxford is the oldest university in the English-speaking world. Its mission is the advancement of learning by teaching, research and its dissemination by every means.
The finance department at Oxford University requested a review of potential upgrade options for their current finance system (E-Business Suite R12.1.3) to define a clear roadmap, with recommendations, and the associated high-level costs in order to deliver a compelling business case.
Version 1 is the University of Oxford’s current Managed Service Provider. The scope of this support includes providing level 2 and 3 functional (configuration) and technical (CEMLI) support and provides for requested changes and enhancements.
The 'Ask' from the University of Oxford
- Deliver a costed resource model for the upgrade of both E-Business Suite and the database tier to the latest supported versions
- Deliver a costed resource model for migration of E-Business Suite to new infrastructure, including the potential for Public Cloud hosting
- To deliver a compelling business case that will allow the Finance department to secure the funds for the upgrade and platform migration
The Result of the Assessment
Version 1 delivered the following results successfully as part of the assessment:
- Identified the opportunity to remove several CEMLIs from the current implementation and replace with standard R12.2 functionality, reducing complexity and support requirements post-upgrade
- Recommended an alternative technical architecture with fewer applications servers as the current architecture has an unnecessary level of redundancy – less complex and easier to maintain going forwards
- Delivered an additional Technical Architecture workshop to specify an HLD that could be delivered either on-premise or within public cloud infrastructure and identified further reductions in CPU, RAM and storage to existing specification – which will further optimise running cost in the future
Additional Value Delivered Over and Above the Scope of Assessment
In addition to the business case, a report and playback session were included to ensure that the University of Oxford was well informed on the recommendations and the associated drivers and benefits of these.
Not ready to make the leap to SaaS? Leverage the power of a Cloud Platform.
Version 1 is leading the way in migrating Oracle E-Business Suite customers to the public cloud.Learn More