EML Payments upgrades to Oracle NetSuite EPBCS and Version 1 Cloudbridge
EML Payments sees impressive performance improvements after adopting Oracle NetSuite EPBCS and leveraging Version 1 Cloudbridge.
EML Payments is a global payments company that operates in Australia, the UK, Europe, and the US. Their customers are diverse and include major banks in Europe, government, retail brands, and financial services companies.
EML provides an innovative global payment solutions platform, with years of experience in developing innovative and secure payment solutions. They work closely with businesses all around the world to solve their payment needs and create extraordinary customer experiences. Their agile technology can power the payment process whenever money is in motion, so money can be moved quickly, conveniently, and securely.
At EML, customer service is at the heart of what they do. They offer market-leading program management and highly skilled payments expertise, to create customizable feature-rich solutions for businesses, brands, and their customers.
Version 1 ran workshops to quickly understand EML’s systems, data, and processes. After identifying the key issues, we proposed solutions that became the scope of the project.
We implemented Oracle NetSuite EPBCS and leveraged hybrid cube and Groovy scripting features to solve certain issues. Redesigning the cubes provided a better structure for managing and reporting data while redesigning the integration solution and leveraging Version 1 Cloudbridge enabled much of the ETL to be done outside of EPBCS and improved the system up-time, load quality, and performance.
Cloudbridge automatically manages metadata to ensure it is approved and does not cause data loads to fail. A robust approach to testing confirmed the full reconciliation of data.
Shawn Burriss, Business System Manager said:
EML implemented PBCS many years ago and due to significant business expansion, the complexity and breadth of data have grown proportionally since the implementation which caused degraded performance for users. Version 1 were able to resolve key issues and EML benefitted from a significant improvement in system performance e.g. improved integration performance allowed for hourly updates from our ERP, reduction in null data being returned by users by 86%, boosted SmartView reporting performance by 500%, improved resiliency by handling new members, improved form performance reduced wait time from 5 minutes to 2 minutes. Our experience of working with Version 1 has been refreshing, working alongside professional subject-matter experts with strong project management capabilities allowed EML to deliver the EPBCS ahead of schedule. We’d highly recommend them.
We worked closely with the EML project team to ensure they fully understood the new solutions and establish effective decision-making and confidence when signing off designs. The training was delivered for both EPBCS and Cloudbridge enabling EML to administer the applications with their internal team.
- Data loads were regularly failing due to metadata not being set up in advance.
- Due to load times, ERP data loads were restricted to the current and past month.
- Data loads were taking 2.5 hrs and running 6 times per day.
- Exchange rate mapping logic had created a very large data set.
- Statistical balances take 15 min to load small data sets.
- Certain Forms were designed to “auto submit” when saving which re-calculated all the figures and frustrated the users.
- Balance sheets and cash flow planning were not available in the solution.
- Insufficient Workforce usability due to form load times and business rules.
Version 1 Cloudbridge was introduced to improve the integration architecture with the following benefits:
- Management of metadata which included a check for missing data that now gets automatically created during a load.
- Significant load processing was done outside the NSPB system, reducing the impact of sync on users. 2.5 hours downtime is reduced to < 5 minutes.
- Multiple reporting currencies (USD, AUD & EUR) are created to allow the business to run the consolidated reporting for EML’s APAC, EMEA & Americas regions. We also optimized the Currency Exchange process to bring down the script timing from 25 minutes to 2 minutes.
- Hybrid cubes and Groovy scripting were implemented to improve the performance.
- We technically optimized the input forms, separating the “save” from “submit” functions leading to significant process improvements.
- Implemented Balance Sheet and Cash Flow planning in EPBCS.
Real Differences, Delivered
- EML’s data loads have improved timing by 300%. NetSuite SuiteQl & Cloudbridge framework helped bring the overall data integration process timing from 2.5 hours to <5 minutes.
- Currency exchange calculation was revamped by including entity so the EPBCS reports are now aligned to NetSuite ERP.
- The tuned currency exchange calculation process brought down the script execution timing from 25 minutes to 2 minutes.
- EPBCS upgrade from PBCS.
- New Attribute dimensions enable reporting by Industry & Product verticals.
- The save and submit functions for forms are now separated.
- The balance sheet and cash flow statement are optimized with EPBCS.
- Additional drivers were added to meet current business needs.
- WorkForce performance was enhanced, significantly reducing the time to load forms and launch business rules, and additional overhead reporting capabilities.
- Improved in-house system capabilities at the Administrator and User levels.
- Metadata process improvements were implemented through Cloudbridge integration and NetSuite system alerts.
About Version 1
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our team of difference-makers work tirelessly to provide independent advice and deliver impactful changes to help our customers navigate the rapidly changing Digital-First world we live in. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree.
Latest News from Version 1
Blog: September 21, 2023
The future at Version 1 is all about helping our customers with resolving and challenging and delivering solutions to the impossible. Now that 2023 is drawing to a close, we are already deep in planning...
Blog: September 20, 2023
Extraordinary… If I had to sum up the last year at Version 1, it would be really nothing less than extraordinary, because we’ve achieved so much since I joined. We’ve grown from 2,200 people...