ETI Improves Corporate Reporting with Oracle Business Intelligence
ETI Improves Corporate Reporting and Business Analytics with Oracle Business Intelligence EE, Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Financial Management.
Since 1950, ETI has grown into the world’s leading provider of products and services in the field of electrical installations and recently the leading manufacturer of technical ceramic, plastic and technical rubber products, tools and equipment.
A substantial element in the company’s growth strategy are its subsidiaries in Slovenia and abroad, and close cooperation with selected strategic partners. ETI employs more than 1600 people, and its products are sold in more than 60 countries all over the world. The company is investing a lot in research & development and innovative activities. It is one of the first Slovenian enterprises which have acquired the quality certificate ISO 9001 and environment management certificate ISO 14001.
ETI implemented Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) in 2009, at the same time as they started with an EPM implementation at the ETI group level.
In 2012 ETI had a need to automate their planning process, so they implemented Hyperion Planning for their sales, purchase, and production planning. It was tightly integrated with EPM and BI systems. ETI discovered that despite an EPM implementation, they still faced challenges around financial consolidation and reporting at a group level. This lead to the decision to implement Hyperion Financial Management in 2017.
With a tightly integrated Oracle EPM and BI platform, ETI reduced the need to report in the EPM system and followed Version 1’s recommendation to use a proven Oracle BI tool to do reporting and ad-hoc analysis, saving time and money that would have been needed to develop bespoke reporting.
We were extremely satisfied with the professional approach from Qubix / Version 1. Their suggestions and quick response times impressed us. We know that we can count on them when we have any kind of problems regarding the solutions they cover. We are confident that they will answer our phone calls, even in unofficial working time, in emergency situations that may occur.
Iztok Vozelj – Information System Developer, ETI Group
ETI implemented a company-wide analytics system, building a full suite of internal and external-facing reports combining data from many key business units including finance, sales manufacturing, and more. The company now has a global view of its business to drive accurate business decisions.
- Complex consolidation requirements.
- No single view of truth for corporate reporting.
- No unified reporting on a group level.
- Difficult for end-users to create their own reports and perform ad-hoc analysis.
- Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE)
- Oracle Hyperion Essbase
- Oracle Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Financial Management
- Oracle Database 12c: Enterprise Edition with Oracle Database In-Memory Option
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c
- APEX for the dimension management system
Real Difference, Delivered
- Achieved a consistent view across the business by implementing an enterprise-wide reporting and analytics solution that covers all of the business areas within the company from finance, sales, inventory, procurement, manufacturing.
- ETI has eradicated the use of spreadsheets for reporting and now management can make informed decisions off one view of the business.
- DSolution is multilingual and supports multiple currencies hence it is truly a “concern wide” solution.
- Integrated security with corporate standards removing risk.
About Version 1
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our team of difference-makers work tirelessly to provide independent advice and deliver impactful changes to help our customers navigate the rapidly changing Digital-First world we live in. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree.
News & Insights
Blog: September 21, 2023
The future at Version 1 is all about helping our customers with resolving and challenging and delivering solutions to the impossible. Now that 2023 is drawing to a close, we are already deep in planning...
Blog: September 20, 2023
Extraordinary… If I had to sum up the last year at Version 1, it would be really nothing less than extraordinary, because we’ve achieved so much since I joined. We’ve grown from 2,200 people...