NHS Trust Set to Meet Challenges of Achieving
Foundation Trust Status with Unbreakable IT Platform
The South UK coast based NHS Trust provides general, specialist, and tertiary medical care to more than half a million patients each year from its two main hospitals and other centers.
This NHS trust wanted to leverage technology advances to build a scalable, resilient, flexible, secure IT environment with near-100% uptime.
A key objective of this project was to gain timely, usable financial data to support decision makers and ensure the highest standards of governance and compliance.
Whilst improving staff productivity by cutting process cycles to minimize training for 2,000 users of varying competencies.
This system was to underpin the technology and processes in order for the Trust to ensure that it achieved its goal of Foundation Trust status by 2012.
The Trust commissioned Version 1 to migrate existing Oracle E-Business Suite applications from Windows to Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating platform. Version 1 was chosen for our proven track record in implementing Oracle E-Business Suite in NHS organizations, understanding of the Trust’s requirements, expert proactive consultants, and competitive price.
Real Differences, Delivered
The following benefits were delivered to the Customer:
- Benefited from improved graphical interface and simplified display in Oracle iProcurement 11.5.10 to cut purchasing process from four steps to two for 1,000 users and streamline invoicing and receipting
- Increased system availability from 70% to 100%, reduced operating overhead, raised user confidence, boosted security, and created an unbreakable IT infrastructure fully supported by Oracle
- Capitalized on web based reporting of data generated by Financial Statement Generator in Oracle Financials 11.5.10 to improve real-time sharing of budgetary and forecasting data across the Trust
- Leveraged enhanced daily business intelligence dashboards in 11.5.10 to deliver regular updates on performance against financial and purchasing targets to decision-makers at the desktop
- Benefited from Version 1’s managed service, tailored to each client’s needs, to gain functional, technical and DBA support as needed and leverage highest value at least cost from the Trust’s technology investment