YMCA NSW Enhances Supports Better Decisions with Oracle EPM Cloud Planning
YMCA NSW enhances control for the budget review process and supports better decision making with Oracle EPM Planning Cloud.
YMCA NSW is a profit-for-purpose organisation that supports more than 40 local communities in New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. It runs recreation centres and sports stadium facilities; children’s services; and outdoor education and camping programmes. YMCA NSW believes in the power of inspired young people and pursues a range of impact activities that build their capacity in employment, education, well-being, and mental health.
Previously, each budget owner needed to download and consolidate data from the main accounting system into spreadsheets. The process was cumbersome and error-prone, making it difficult for managers to analyse the underlying business drivers. YMCA NSW wanted to simplify the entire process and enable users to make more informed decisions.
Version 1 assisted YMCA NSW to configure Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service in accordance with the requirements of each business division. Version 1 also delivered training to the financial planning and analysis team. YMCA NSW initially went live with the new platform to support Q2 forecasting and then started the full financial year budgeting process four months later.
John DeVitis, Financial Planning and Analysis Manager said:
“We chose Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service for its comprehensive reporting features, integration capabilities with other data sources, and proven stability.”
The Version 1 Group is one of the largest independent Oracle technology consulting providers in the UK. With end-to-end services that support ERP, EPM and Analytics transformation, Version 1 delivers solutions that reduce cost and enable new agile ways of working.
YMCA NSW insured fast, attainable results that align with their finance transformation goals with Version 1’s Journey to Cloud methodology — a proven best-practice approach for planning, budgeting and forecasting that combines our deep industry and technical expertise to design, implement and manage your migration to planning and budgeting cloud.
- Improve the efficiency of the budget review cycle by consolidating complex financial data from multiple business divisions into a centralised platform
- Ensure data accuracy and increase management’s confidence with instant access to planning data instead of using manual spreadsheets.
- Support faster decisions by enabling managers to easily analsze business performance in multiple dimensions.
- Implementation of Oracle EPM Planning Cloud Service (PBCS) Data management and integration between source systems, planning applications, and ERP systems using Version 1 Cloudbridge
- Version 1 Journey to Cloud Methodology to accelerate delivery to the cloud
- Provided training for planning system users
Real Differences, Delivered
- Redesigned and streamlined the application removing unwanted hierarchies
- Improved environment stability and performance
- Reduced the number of reports from 40 to 10
- Loading of adjustments reduced from hours to minutes
- Lowered TCO by reducing by eliminating servers to a cloud-based system
- Automated and reduced to 30-minute intervals from 2 hours
About Version 1
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our team of difference-makers work tirelessly to provide independent advice and deliver impactful changes to help our customers navigate the rapidly changing Digital-First world we live in. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree.
Latest News from Version 1
Blog: September 21, 2023
The future at Version 1 is all about helping our customers with resolving and challenging and delivering solutions to the impossible. Now that 2023 is drawing to a close, we are already deep in planning...
Blog: September 20, 2023
Extraordinary… If I had to sum up the last year at Version 1, it would be really nothing less than extraordinary, because we’ve achieved so much since I joined. We’ve grown from 2,200 people...