Version 1 Develops and Delivers Social Media App for CCEA
The Council for the Curriculum, Examinations & Assessment (CCEA) is a Non-departmental public body of the Department of Education in Northern Ireland.
CCEA was established on 1 April 1994 under the Educational and Libraries (Northern Ireland) Order 1993. It replaced the Northern Ireland Curriculum Council (NICC) and the Northern Ireland Schools Examinations and Assessment Council (NISEAC).
Identifying Key Challenges
After a meeting with the CEO of the Council of Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) a reliance on paper-based reports was discovered which satisfied current requirements but did not allow for trend analysis and identification.
- Users were dependent on paper reports and were manually tallying data
- Social media reporting was carried out in isolation and wider trends may not have been considered
- Each reporting area was very much in isolation and wider trends could not be analysed
Alongside traditional datasets, the CCEA Marketing and Communication team were keen to have an integrated solution so that they could view information across all social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, Mailchimp and Google Analytics) in one dashboard.
Adopting an Agile Approach
Version 1 adopted an Agile Business Intelligence implementation approach, understanding what the existing business problems were and analysing the quality of the current data.
Key Features of this approach:
- Mobilisation: Agreed scope and stakeholders
- Capture As-Is: Understood the current business reporting, with feedback from the customer about the quality of these
- Assess and Design To-Be: Undertook a number of workshops to define and document the vision and undertook gap analysis
- Development: Based on the agreed vision we created an Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) program and integrated the key business systems. This involved API interaction with the social media sites
- Testing: Worked alongside the business to test the data
All users in CCEA now have consistent and regular reporting with the ability to view the data that impacts their role at an operational and strategic level. The ability for the marketing team to evaluate social media performance throughout the year meant that they could alter their approach at different times in the year. Other datasets are being considered which will add value to the existing QlikView applications and ultimately drive efficiencies throughout the organisation.
- A consolidated social media dashboard so that key timelines could be analysed across all media
- Over 1,000 user sessions per month including usage by the CEO and operational staff
- Users now have the ability to drill down and identify trends about awards, units and candidates
- An additional set of projects to bring other key CCEA into QlikView
News & Insights
Infographics: October 13, 2023
Please join us on Thursday, 9th of November for an in-depth round table discussion. Agenda: 09:00 – 9:30: Breakfast and Coffee 09:30 – 10:30: Roundtable Discussion 10:30 – 11:00: Networking Facilitating...
Datasheets, Digital Guides, Downloadable Content, Whitepaper: September 14, 2023
Across industries, organisations today want to become more agile to innovate and respond to changes faster. However, they also manage a portfolio of applications and workloads that are both complex and...
Blog: July 31, 2023
Over the last few years, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, remote and hybrid digital collaboration has become the norm. Although millions of workers are living with the challenges of virtual work,...