Migrating Oracle to AWS – Financial Services
Download Financial Services Guide
Many financial institutions have, or are embarking on, the journey to Public Cloud. Typically, when financial institutions consider moving Oracle to Public Cloud, concerns will centre on three key areas:
- Licencing impact – How are my licenses affected? Will I remain compliant? What is my license exposure?
- Oracle Support Position – Am I going to be supported? What about my existing support agreements?
- Performance and Availability – Can I architect for the same performance and availability as I have today? Can I do this without affecting my license and support position?
These concerns can ultimately deter financial institutions from considering a move to Public Cloud. In our experience, there are several strategies available to customers that can alleviate concerns, mitigate risk and ultimately help realise the benefit of Public Cloud.
A Version 1 migration of Oracle to AWS is a collaborative process that typically starts with discovery to understand the current position and then, optimization to determine the migration roadmap and project scope. Finally, a technology pilot with tightly defined deliverables will build confidence, knowledge, and skills, while ensuring compliance with organizational policies and regulatory requirements.
CurrencyFair redefines money transfers with AWS and Version 1
Cloud Transformation: Watch how CurrencyFair is scaling for global growth with AWS and Version 1
AWSExccelerate for Financial Services
Version 1 delivers the expertise and tools to ease your migration from Oracle to AWS:
- Collaborate with Version 1 Oracle Solution Architects and license experts to analyze your current Oracle estate for efficient and safe migration to the AWS cloud.
- Use the automated Version 1 Oracle Reference Architecture to accelerate your cloud adoption journey with a pilot migration.
- Consult with automation engineers to customize your target estate to fit with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Build migration squads with Version 1 experts across the broad range of Oracle technologies.
Why Version 1
Our Agile Methodology
Our unique rapid and high-value engagements for migrating Oracle environments to AWS comprise of the following steps, which can be customised to your particular environment and priorities:
Thorough discovery to unearth a unique solution
Take steps to refine and achieve optimal performance
Rolling out in carefully planned stages to minimise risk
Migrate and monitor your solution as it goes live