Version 1 Named one of Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech 2021
Version 1 has ranked as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021.
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition compiled by Great Place to Work Ireland to recognise the innovative, flexible, and forward-thinking practices and cultures developed by organisations within Ireland’s dynamic Tech industry. Here at Version 1, we have had an exciting year so far and we are delighted to be acknowledged as a thriving tech company in 2021.
What Makes us a Best Workplace in Tech?
• CSR – Community First is Version 1’s main corporate Social Responsibility Initiative and is driven locally by our employees. The overall objective of Community First activities is to improve employment opportunities in our communities by supporting awareness, education, skills and access by leveraging technology and our skills.
• Health and Wellness – At Version 1, Health & Wellbeing is at the forefront of everything we do – from physical health, mental wellbeing, financial management, social connections and creating a sense of purpose, it is built into our everyday language and our culture.
• Shadow Board – The Shadow Board consists of a group of 13 people, brought together as a forum for 12 months, from a cross-section of the Version 1 business, and all are under the age of 30. The shadow board is sponsored by the CEO and its primary directive is to provide insight, feedback and ideas to senior decision-makers in the business, representing their generation’s perspective, as well as to hear about the company strategy and decisions so they can share with their peers and network.
• WellTech – WellTech is composed of four key concepts, combining wellbeing and technology, with the aim to;
• Give our people the freedom to move from their workspace while working.
• Encourage more movement throughout the day.
• Provide employees with enhanced ergonomics – improving the comfort and design of their workspaces for long-term health.
• Provide our people with the digital tools and equipment to promote physical health and mental wellbeing.
View our DNA to see why we are a Great Place to Work
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance, who we are and what truly makes Version1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.View our DNA now
Hear from some of our own people on what makes Version 1 one of the Best Workplaces in Tech in Ireland.
Lokesh Shanbhag, Oracle Applications Consultant"Oracle Cloud migration is one of the complex project's anyone could work on within technology space but with the help of MAXIMISE DATA MIGRATION toolkit we have smoothly on-boarded our Oracle customers to Cloud. It was my pleasure to serve multiple roles in a single project ranging from SQL developer to Solutions Architect.
The technology stack used for ETL pipeline showcases the benefits of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, OIC (Oracle Integration Cloud) and Oracle Fusion. In a nutshell, MAXIMISE is a perfect blend of Oracle IAAS, PAAS and SAAS offerings and hence it was an all-rounder experience for me. Coming as a Graduate in April 2019 and serving more than 5 roles within 2 years of my career was not possible without Version 1."
Karen O’Brien, Technical Project Manager"Version 1 offers opportunities to work on a myriad of different projects and initiatives. In the last 6 months alone, we have delivered solutions to insurance, healthcare, and banking industries. Quality and best practice is a priority in Version 1, and we regularly conduct well-architected reviews for all clients.
Within Version the depth and breadth of experience and our high level of expertise regularly results in clients requesting additional services and expanding engagements. This is also bolstered by our reputation for consistent and reliable delivery."
Eoin Maher, Business Analyst"Version 1 has been continuously growing year on year and with this growth, there have been many exciting opportunities, projects, and technologies to work with. Personally, I started out in the ERP practice where I worked on an Oracle upgrade project and I also worked in the managed services side of the practice supporting multiple clients with their Oracle financials. After a couple of years, I requested a role rotation to become a business analyst in the Digital and Cloud Solutions practice. This is my current role where I am working on a large digital transformation project for a client, helping them to transform their customer journeys.
Having the opportunity to work with multiple customers across different industries and to work in different roles on exciting projects is what makes Version 1 a GPTW as it provides employees with the opportunity to accelerate their career development at all levels."
John Bolger, Head of Innovation Labs"Our new digital accelerators team, DAPx, represents a real commitment to our Excellence core value and shows how committed we are to our Customer First philosophy. This team gives us the opportunity to develop best of breed solutions our delivery teams can use to exceed the expectations of our customers and I'm blown away by the depth of the expertise of our colleagues we've discovered so far through our engagements."
Coenraad Myburgh, Microsoft and Azure Team Lead"Our DAPx team is busy building accelerators with an emphasis on "best practice". I am inspired by the Drive the team has displayed in challenging ourselves as well as grabbing the opportunity to up skill in various new technologies."
Careers at Version 1
If these projects sound exciting and you are on the lookout for a new role, check out our available positions here.View open roles
News & Insights
Blog: May 25, 2023
Tech, Tools and Talent – Developers Survey 2023
What is the Developers Survey? Modernising, innovating, and accelerating business transformation using technology is at the heart of what Version 1 does. Our software development teams are central to...
Blog, Culture, News: March 7, 2023
Version 1 Named a Best Workplace™ for Women in Ireland – Nancy Hendy Interview
8 min read Version 1 is thrilled to be listed as one of the Best Workplaces™ for Women in Ireland 2023. This news comes shortly after our welcome recognition as Ireland’s #1 Best Large Workplace™,...