Enabling 24/7 Security and Compliance Monitoring with AWS Expertise
Version 1 AWS Expertise Ensures Round-the-Clock Security and Compliance Monitoring
The organisation delivers independent fund administration and fiduciary services to Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Real Estate Funds, Insurance-Linked Securities Funds, Family Offices, and Institutional Investors across the globe.
As a financial services firm, security compliance monitoring is an essential element of their day-to-day IT operations. Having a point in time view into their overall security position of their public cloud (AWS) hosting platform is essential.
Any solution provided by Version 1 in this space had to align with recognised industry security standards, and interface directly with our service management platform “Engage”. A requirement of the solution was that the organisation should be able to obtain an overall view on their security compliance state, and the solution should also call out specific actions, recommendations, and paths to remediation.
Solution Delivered by Version 1
Version 1 proposed and implemented Kumoco Cloud Manager to the organisation’s compliance monitoring requirements. Cloud Manager provides a continuous complaince solution which consumes the Centre for Internet Security (CIS) AWS benchmark Standards. (The CIS AWS standards are a set of globally recognized and consensus-driven best practices to help security practitioners implement and manage their cybersecurity defences). Kumoco Cloud Manger integrates these standards into their compliance engine module which integrates seamlessly with Version 1’s ServiceNow “Engage” platform.
The solution was delivered in under 14 days by the team. The design and implementation for the solution was carried out by our internal Engage Team (Engage is Version 1’s Service Management and Operations Management platform which underpins the delivery of our Aspire Managed Service Strategy).
Kumoco Cloud Manager is a 3rd party plugin that integrates directly with ServiceNow’s Cloud Governance and Provisioning module, Cloud Managers AWS compliance engine scans the AWS estate and with the telemetry gathered, this data is then evaluated against the CIS AWS benchmark standards.
Due to this integration, when an anomaly or failure is detected against the benchmark, an audit result and a set of remediation recommendations are generated. Both Customers and Managed Service Providers have the capability to view results, with Managed Service Consultants also having access to remediation actions.
The Kumoco Cloud Manger Compliance Engine:
- Provides an immediate view on the compliance posture against recognised industry security standards.
- Cloud Manager dashboards allow the customer to easily understand their current state and the amount of time and effort required to resolve the most serious anomalies.
- Seamless Integration with ServiceNow and the Customers Service Portal provides a single management pane to consume managed service offerings and view cloud manager compliance information.
- Solution is cloud agnostic and could, if required support the client’s adoption of other public cloud providers.
- Cloud Manager also provides information to clients demonstrating the value of the tool and associated automation where it calculates:
- Effort to manually fix compliance failures versus automation
- Effort to manually carry out an CIS audit versus using Cloud Manager
About Version 1
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our team of over 2000 dedicated difference-makers works tirelessly to provide independent advice and deliver impactful changes to help our customers navigate the rapidly changing Digital-First world we live in. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree.