Take Control of your Oracle License Estate
Oracle may be an essential component of your IT infrastructure, however their license policies are not easily understood. As a result of this customers often find themselves paying for Oracle products that they do not require and overpaying for the ones that they do. Software users are often unaware of vendor rules according to contractual obligations or additional policies. Oracle may conduct an unexpected license audit and non-compliance can result in unanticipated costs and stress for the customer.
Version 1 Oracle License Optimisation & Management can provide the full lifecycle of software licensing consultancy services, ensuring our client’s enterprise application license estates are fully optimised and under control with regards to cost, license compliance and complexity.
Achieving cost reduction and control over your software estate is complex.
Adopting the correct approach and license management methodology will help you realise value for money and reduce the risk of non-compliance. We answered our customers’ FAQs about Oracle Software Asset Management, including:
- Are our current Oracle license terms fit for purpose?
- How can we reduce the effort required to determine usage across our large Oracle estate?
- Are there any opportunities to save cost within our Oracle license estate?
- Are we under or over licensed for Oracle?
Unrivalled Expertise and Experience in Oracle Licensing
- Cloud LicensingWhile there are many benefits of moving to the cloud, managing software assets and licensing in the Cloud can be a challenge for enterprise customers. Version 1 has been working in the cloud for over a decade. Let the experts help you achieve the best cost benefits of their cloud.
- Oracle License AuditIf you have received an unexpected Oracle License Audit letter, or if you would like to learn more about taking control, quantifying risk, and identifying and optimising opportunities – our experts are here to help you.
- Managed ServicesOur SAM Managed Services give our customers control by delivering certainty on software license consumption and assurance on your business’ compliance position. Version 1 is completely autonomous and not affiliated with any software vendor, rest assured, your data is secure with us.
- Oracle Software Support & Maintenance Contract RenewalsVersion 1 Oracle license experts can review your Oracle Software Support & Maintenance Contract Renewal for cost & product accuracy, to reduce spend & complexity.
- Oracle Unlimited License Agreements (ULAs)Oracle ULAs are becoming increasingly popular as many companies believe they are the answer to their licensing needs. However Oracle ULAs can sometimes be more beneficial to the vendor than the customer – and that’s why it can pay to get expert advice before signing on the dotted line.
- Java Licensing OptimisationJava licensing and its commercial changes have impacted every organisation that makes use of an Oracle Java Virtual Machine in any production capacity. Version 1’s licensing experts understand the commercial, architectural and support considerations and can guide you to optimising your Java License estate.
- Oracle Pool of Funds (POF)Oracle Pool of Funds (PoF) Licence Agreements are license agreements where a client pays a fee to Oracle (this being the ‘fund’ in the pool of funds name) and gains the right to draw down licences from a defined product set at a specific price for the term of the contract or until the PoF is consumed.
- Audit DefenceOracle Database Options are a significant cause of non-compliance, and are some of the most common sources of over-deployment seen by Version 1’s experts.
- Server Virtualisation and Oracle LicensingVirtualised platforms can cause confusion, inadvertently creating Oracle license compliance issues. Our Oracle license experts can advise on license optimisation opportunities within a virtualised environment to reduce cost and risk and improve vendor relationships.
12 Cost Optimisation Strategies for Enterprise Licensing
Version 1’s Head of SAM Practice, Jason Pepper has written a Whitepaper outlining the common business scenarios and change projects that we are seeing in the market, and the often-unknown financial and contractual impacts they can have on enterprise licensing. The Whitepaper sets out our view on mitigation approaches to avoid unbudgeted spend, uncover cost optimisation opportunities and regain control over your license asset estate.Download Whitepaper
Why Version 1?
We will always put the customer first. We are technology agnostic, providing a modular plug & play approach to each set of unique customer requirements. We enable clients to make better, more informed decisions on their software estate; understand the options and make the right decision for you. Our priority is to give the best advice, not just to secure licensing revenue.
Reduce Cost & Risk
- Tools Agnostic
Market Leading Expertise
- Breadth & Scale
- Technical Background
- Ongoing Staff Education
Learn more from our license consultant's Fireside Chat videos
Managing your enterprise license estate in this world of technology transformation and rapid change is complex and beset with potential financial risk. That being said, cost optimisation opportunities are possible - you just need to know where to look and what to do. SAM YouTube Playlist
Our license consultants have recorded several short, informative Fireside Chats on a wide range of software topics and are available to you to listen and learn all things licensing.
Contact us if you have any questions.
Oracle License Optimisation Stats
82% financial risk reduction
Our optimisation expertise helps to deliver financial risk reduction of over 82% on average during audit scenarios.
£17m to £100k
When engaged our customer was facing a bill of £17m, but through our help this amount became £100k
£5.8m identified non compliance risks
During a typical review, we find non-compliance risks of over £5.8m
News & Insights
Webinars: October 11, 2021
Why Oracle license estate complexity cannot be interpreted or managed by a tool alone. Managing Oracle product deployment across an enterprise is a major challenge. Many enterprises benefit from the implementation...
Blog: April 16, 2021
Cloud deployment is pervasive – the growth in cloud adoption has soared over the last decade and is set to continue according to Gartner. More recently, the impact of the pandemic has contributed to...